BianVariani

Custom Leather Belt Strap Cutter

This is what I use for a portable leather belt strap cutter. I made a bunch of custom sizing inserts in addition to the design.

https://variani.com

https://www.instagram.com/varianibian

hand-cutter.jpg

Nice design, and looks very similar to the one John Bianchi at Frontier Gunleather designed and sells here in the US. The grip is a little different but same principle. 

4 hours ago, bruce johnson said:

Nice design, and looks very similar to the one John Bianchi at Frontier Gunleather designed and sells here in the US. The grip is a little different but same principle. 

No one on the planet has a leather strap cutter that has changeable and sizable depth inserts. This is an original concept. Are you saying it is similar because it has a ruler and a guide? That's like saying the first electric Tesla car is similar to the gas ford car from 1920.

4 hours ago, bruce johnson said:

I made my first one about 25 years ago. I'm sure that after my posts are public you will see other similar prototypes and ideas of the design above and now with sizable and changeable inserts. It's okay I got a patent on the above 25 years okay. Thanks for the tip Bruce, I will contact my lawyer and see if we need to crack down on more people steeling my ideas. All over the internet I see fake people selling my brand/products.

Similar concept with the blade in the handle and utility knife blades. The other one does not have changeable inserts though. 

9 hours ago, BianVariani said:

No one on the planet has a leather strap cutter that has changeable and sizable depth inserts. This is an original concept. Are you saying it is similar because it has a ruler and a guide? That's like saying the first electric Tesla car is similar to the gas ford car from 1920.

That may be because they aren't really needed, you have some amazing tools but IMO they are kind of over thunk a bit.  My cheapo wooden one has adjustable depth that is actually more variable than inserts would be without having to change or store parts that can be lost. 

I have one of the Bianchi's. Really kind of disappointed with the lack of thickness adjustment.  Having to add leather around the guage  to hold the leather down is a pain. Probably will buy a nicer wooden cutter.

On 10/17/2022 at 12:58 AM, BianVariani said:

It's okay I got a patent on the above 25 years okay. Thanks for the tip Bruce, I will contact my lawyer and see if we need to crack down on more people steeling my ideas. All over the internet I see fake people selling my brand/products.

What's the patent number?