dadam38

Oil based dye in CA

I know you cannot ship oil based dye to CA and dont need to delve into why but are you allowed to just buy it in another state and drive home with it? Is it illegal to own in CA?

I have no idea. Does CA now stop and inspect vehicles entering the state? If not I would just go about MY business.

2 hours ago, doubleh said:

I have no idea. Does CA now stop and inspect vehicles entering the state? If not I would just go about MY business.

:17:

I get that, i would just like to  know

I’m not sure of the current regulation with having it but I’m not thinking you’d have much of a chance of being inspected at your shop. I’ve never heard of it. At one time businesses could buy things the average Joe couldn’t. Not sure where that stands now either. 
   The inspection stations at the borders are usually looking for ag pests unless you are driving a commercial. I get inspected about half the time I’m pulling a trailer. Open the door, they look, I go on. They aren’t opening totes or boxes. 

the question is can you sell the product made with it in California.

Screw em, it’s another way of control. If it was that bad it would be taken off the market, just get it and use it! It’s not going to kill an entire country

The real border crisis is not state-to-state, nor is it the use of an oil-based leather dye. 

If it is, we are in so much more of a bad situation than I thought.

Besides, if felons get sanctuary status, are they really going to be able to validate any penalty to your possession or use of oil-based dye??

Just add a little n.f. oil to your alcohol-based dye.  I've done it successfully several times & no complaints. 

YMMV