Tingo

Singer 45k 92 Flat bed

Hello there, I have just aquired a Singer 45K92, rust and seized up. I was able to get it going, after a lot of soaking/dismantling and abit of lightly hammering, it is now completely free. I did a quiche respray job, still putting it back but the balance wheel wobbles when I turn it, I believe it must have had a serious drop to bend the main shaft (not sure of the correct name). Is there where I can source one. How difficult is it to disassemble the main shaft for replacement. Thanks much

It's not an easy lob & the bigger problem is finding a replacement shaft.Parts for these old Singers have been discontinued yrs ago.The best thing to try is to straighten it.Turn it so the high side is @ the top,take the wheel off,get a piece of thickwall pipe 2-3' long & put it on the shaft & push down,reinstall the wheel &see how it looks,it might take a few times.

Thank you so much for your kind response. I will be trying that method first thing tomorrow and see how I get on.

A quick update. I was able to reduce by hammering the balance wheel with a rubber mallet. Alot better than it was.