Gezzer

Got a few boxes to build ..

Here is the first one ,  I'll add the others as I get them done .  Thanks for looking !!

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

On 10/30/2022 at 1:58 PM, Gezzer said:

Here is the first one ,  I'll add the others as I get them done .  Thanks for looking !!

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

Your there. Like the box and the tooling and painting. it looks like its been handled for years .Gives it a pleasing  look-Keepsake.

Edited by Northmount
Removed double images

@Stewart Thank you Sir !  But that is all dye except the leaves , those are permanent marker . I like the aged look of it as well ,now just to remember how I did it  LOL !

8 hours ago, Gezzer said:

@Stewart Thank you Sir !  But that is all dye except the leaves , those are permanent marker . I like the aged look of it as well ,now just to remember how I did it  LOL !

Very nicely done.  Would like to see the bottom.  You did a nice job keeping the stitches very even.  That isn't the easiest thing to do!

1 hour ago, Tugadude said:

Very nicely done.  Would like to see the bottom.  You did a nice job keeping the stitches very even.  That isn't the easiest thing to do!

Thank you !!

;) It is if you cheat like I do . This method is just faster and easier to me , I made a mess out of box stitching one or two so had to come up with something . Saddle stitch the ledger to the side while flat , then stitch up the ends . Bottom is just a tight friction fit .

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG

Beautiful work! Thank you for showing us:You_Rock_Emoticon:

beautiful job i too like the look!!

Not a bad way to go.  I'm sure it will stay in place nicely if it is tight enough.  it isn't like it will get a lot of hard use.  Nice work.

44 minutes ago, suzelle said:

Beautiful work! Thank you for showing us:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thank you !

43 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

beautiful job i too like the look!!

Thank you Sir !!  Did you get the winters meat ?

30 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

Not a bad way to go.  I'm sure it will stay in place nicely if it is tight enough.  it isn't like it will get a lot of hard use.  Nice work.

It will stay and if someone was worried they could use a little glue , but as you say it is not going to see any hard use . 2 1/2 " high and 4 " diameter  ( mostly for jewelry , keys , potpourri,  some ladies use it for face powder .

3 minutes ago, Gezzer said:

Thank you !

Thank you Sir !!  Did you get the winters meat ?

It will stay and if someone was worried they could use a little glue , but as you say it is not going to see any hard use . 2 1/2 " high and 4 " diameter  ( mostly for jewelry , keys , potpourri,  some ladies use it for face powder .

yes i/we did we filled our tags, three elk and three nice hides to tan as well !!

Nice box although I am not too keen on aged finishes on new things but If that is a person's cup tea that's fine.

@chuck123wapati That's great !!  I can't wait to see those hides if ya keep them and turn them to stuff :spoton:

@doubleh Thank you !  I can see your point when folks do it to try and pass new stuff off as old , other than that I  like the look of old .  I have to look at it every morning in the mirror :lol:

Beautiful job

bottom looks great. Tight stiching. Jewery box my thinking. lined with velvet. keep it up you got a thing going on.

Dye is hard-painting is easy. Stay with the hard way and develope it going to have to use a perment pen for my butterfly legs and antini.

Try religious symboles  so peope could store inherated items in.

Just my thinking. Please no sir. I am just an old Lutz x grover worker and a little bit of a Highway Man want to be.

2 hours ago, Samalan said:

Beautiful job

Thank you Sir !

@Stewart Thank you ,  the permanent marker works better than I thought it would . The color crown is going to remain yours as I don't see myself doing much of this . I haven't the patience !!!!! I have a few different religious things I do , crosses , dove of peace , and am trying to figure the best way to do the Hand of God .

12 hours ago, Gezzer said:

and am trying to figure the best way to do the Hand of God .

There's a book on that very subject matter, it can be found in the Bible Exodus 20: 4  .

28 minutes ago, Samalan said:

There's a book on that very subject matter, it can be found in the Bible Exodus 20: 4  .

Exodus 20:5 

I am referring to a image that I thought was meant to offer hope and to assure that God's love was always within reach . I may be mistaken and if so will answer on that day for it .

Next box ..... just some basket weave

IMG_1810.JPG

Wow those boxes are really nice .

That first box with the flower's is truly a work of art. 

@Samalan Thank you !

Last one in this batch

IMG_1818.thumb.JPG.f4064766401b76e7c3670a9bb8868c53.JPG

IMG_1825.JPG

Well, Relooking at the box top, if they were dyed-painted-colored- it wouold take away the total look. It would ruin it.

Natural look, now thats a concept about lost.

These are all very loverly indeedy, and inspirational too

How are you doing the lids? are you wet moulding over a buck then tooling it?