HDavy

Adler 30-1 patching machine info

I just purchased an Adler 30-1 and have a few questions on set up and adjustment  who can help me?

1 what is the best source  for info /videos, there aren’t very many on YouTube 

2 source for parts ?

Thanks 

Davy 

4 hours ago, HDavy said:

2 source for parts ?

Try our members @CowboyBob at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines, or @shoepatcher.

I've got one (long arm, don't know if a short arm was made)... done some work on it. Parts other than those in common with 29K are virtually nil. I did find some Adler decals though.  It's a much nicer machine than 29- series and I do like it better than most 29k small bobbin machines.  Info is in short supply but if anyone has it Constabulary will. 

In my experience it makes a nicer stitch and sounds and feels like a Mercedes vs a '62 Ford sedan compared to the Singer Patchers. Prolly the only reason I still have mine AND a Singer 29k60 (long arm, big bobbin).

(and no... you can't date the machine by Serial Number unfortunately)

What color is he machine?  I can give you a rough age based on the color.  If you are looking for the knurl screw that you can lock the butterfly from turning, it is called a stop screw.  I need the color of the machine to see which one it needs.  i may have some.

glenn

Don't know who's looking for a Stop Screw but my 30-1 appears to have a small (compared to a 29k) collared and knurled M5 1.0 (near as I can tell, does that indicate an approximate date?) Stop Screw. Unfortunately, the machine looks to have been stripped and repainted a semi-flat black and no Decals. Cast iron, not wooden treadle.

12 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

What color is he machine?  I can give you a rough age based on the color.  If you are looking for the knurl screw that you can lock the butterfly from turning, it is called a stop screw.  I need the color of the machine to see which one it needs.  i may have some.

glenn

Green it’s a light greenish color!  I’ll send you a picture 

12 hours ago, Ole South said:

I've got one (long arm, don't know if a short arm was made)... done some work on it. Parts other than those in common with 29K are virtually nil. I did find some Adler decals though.  It's a much nicer machine than 29- series and I do like it better than most 29k small bobbin machines.  Info is in short supply but if anyone has it Constabulary will. 

In my experience it makes a nicer stitch and sounds and feels like a Mercedes vs a '62 Ford sedan compared to the Singer Patchers. Prolly the only reason I still have mine AND a Singer 29k60 (long arm, big bobbin).

(and no... you can't date the machine by Serial Number unfortunately)

Thanks for the info 

23 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

glenn

Thanks Glen I’d definitely be interested in one if you do!  

23 hours ago, HDavy said:

Thanks Glen I’d definitely be interested in one if you do!  

68CBB9B7-A087-42B6-A989-0B69ABAC953A.jpeg