Gezzer

Practice carving and

On 11/11/2022 at 8:08 AM, chuck123wapati said:

hit it a little harder to get those impressions deeper, make your main veins two sided instead of just one cut. you are doing great just light on the maul IMO.

Thank's Chuck ,  all good info  ,  I am going to get this figured out . We both may be so old that neither of us can see it though :rofl:

I'm back playing with dye , I am sure that I will NEVER get to the quality of those with an airbrush , which is fine . I do want to find a way to fade with dyes and get reasonable results . I have some pigments on order but for now still using Fiebings . Here is my latest attempt , suggestions would be welcome !

Thanks

IMG_1873.JPG

Reverse  kind of ..........  it's an arrow head not a fish :lol:

IMG_1874.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG

On 11/10/2022 at 8:09 PM, tsunkasapa said:

It looks like you are getting it figured out. But don't be afraid to take it a bit further. I'm not a pro by any means, but look at these

IMG_20211210_093733aaa.jpg

You can really get after it with those leaves if you like....

OakLeaf1LR.thumb.jpg.af721687400907085c0ec3d546ecd075.jpg

@YinTx Very nice !  Looks like I may need to be less timid on future attempts :specool:

11 minutes ago, Gezzer said:

@YinTx Very nice !  Looks like I may need to be less timid on future attempts :specool:

yup dont be afraid of hitting to hard its the impressions that form the shadows that make the shape  stand out then you can lift the edges for even more of an effect.  A heavier maul may be what you need.

Took a pause on the shading and picked back up on the dye . This is with some powered pigments I have gotten in and have some hope for . we'll see .

IMG_1886.JPG

It looks like you are making great progress, Gezzer, in both the tooling and the dyeing. Keep up the good work.

@spacedog Thank you !!!!!   I plan on keeping an eye on your stuff and learning a few things ;)

I haven’t been doing much leather work lately, and then mostly practice stuff. I have been needing to finish a bag I started for my wife so I will see what I can get up to. Here are a few scraps I’ve been banging on, trying out border textures with different tools.

4190493C-E9B7-4026-9675-92743EBE2C7C.jpeg

9 hours ago, stephenhill said:

Verifpro.net - paypal, ebay, stripe, banks, crypto, docs and more!

Hey Slick . if you want to advertise do it somewhere else  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Gezzer said:

Hey Slick . if you want to advertise do it somewhere else  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it smelled like that to me also.

8 hours ago, Gezzer said:

5 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

Yeah, it smelled like that to me also.

He has been flagged as a spammer and restricted from posting without mioderation. This could be a hacked/stolen account transformed into a spam account.

@Wizcrafts  Thank you !!

@Gezzer Wow, just WOW!  What progress you are making.  Great to see your work.  Still getting my shop setup, but hope to get cranking on some projects soon.  Keep sharing your work.

Thanks Pastor , good to hear  from you  and  looking forward to you getting up and running  !!!!!!!!!!

44 minutes ago, AndreaRotela said:

Do you cut it by hand or mechanically? 
Very cool.

I can't speak for @YinTx or @spacedog if you were asking them . But what I have done here is cut with a swivel knife  except for the shape of the coaster which is also cut by hand ,

just a different knife .

11 hours ago, Gezzer said:

I can't speak for @YinTx or @spacedog if you were asking them . But what I have done here is cut with a swivel knife  except for the shape of the coaster which is also cut by hand ,

just a different knife .

And if you were asking me, I cut with a swivel knife, then a modified screwdriver that I made into a lifter to really get that 3D effect.

Playing around some more . It's a different look .....

IMG_1994.JPG

IMG_1996.JPG

IMG_2000.JPG

Back trying to work out  some shading  and practice  matting  , some days matting is fair and other days it looks like a newly disc field ...........

IMG_2043.JPG

very cool work !

On 6/2/2023 at 6:05 AM, chuck123wapati said:

very cool work !

Thanks Chuck .

Back at the experimenting . I am lookin for old aged look , not quite sure how to get what I want . This is in the neighborhood , just not the right house . suggestions appreciated .

IMG_2147.JPG

When making wide hat bands, over 3/4 inch wide or so, cut the strap with a modest curve to it. It will sit tighter to the crown then

Thanks  @fredk  .