YinTx

Finished the suspenders finally!

About 44 hours 45 minutes of work.  Fully hand stitched.  Learned a lot, like it takes a lot longer than I expected!  Hope you like them!

YinTx

Suspenders1LoRes.jpeg

Suspenders3LoRes.jpeg

Suspenders4LoRes.jpeg

Very nice, is the piece in the back elastic? or nylon webbing? Also, would you mind telling me what those spring-loaded hooks are called? I want to make some for myself. That is a LOT of stitching.

Those are very nice indeed! I'm working on a set myself to go with a new belt, holster,  and double mag pouch for practical pistol shoots. The clips are called round trigger snaps at Springfield leather. I thought they were going to have elastic for the back too, but haven't looked.

17 minutes ago, Leescustomleather said:

Very nice, is the piece in the back elastic? or nylon webbing? Also, would you mind telling me what those spring-loaded hooks are called? I want to make some for myself. That is a LOT of stitching.

Normally the back would be elastic, but I made this set out of poly webbing.  As Hags mentioned, they are called trigger snaps.  Most folks sell the zinc metal or brass with nickel plate, these are solid stainless steel, getting hard to find and way expensive.  And yeah, way too much stitching, I'd recommend a machine to do it if you can!

9 minutes ago, Hags said:

Those are very nice indeed! I'm working on a set myself to go with a new belt, holster,  and double mag pouch for practical pistol shoots. The clips are called round trigger snaps at Springfield leather. I thought they were going to have elastic for the back too, but haven't looked.

Thank you.  Hope yours come out nice, and you don't have to spend near as much time on them as I did!

YinTx

Nice work and wow on the time investment. Inspiring. Thanks for the view. :)

those are fantastic what liner and leather weight?

Absolutely stunning!

Beautiful, I think these will outlive you.

You always pay a lot for good quality hardware, but most hard hardware can be reused. If you buy cheap mass produced rubbish you regret it in a few months.

Nice work :thumbsup:

Very nice work. Those are called scissor snaps most places and available with  either round or square rings depending what they are to fit on.

Edited by doubleh

Handsome suspenders with lots of stitching!  The trigger snaps are tack and harness hardware.  Batz Corp sells them in brass (5103B, 5105B) and stainless steel (5103SS, 5105SS) in addition to zinc diecast.  

Beautiful work YinTx . . . don't know about you . . . but I got to the point I needed a pair.

I can't do your quality work . . . and I didn't try . . . but I got a pair that works . . . 

Mine will be tossed . . . your heirs will be arguing  over who deserves yours the most . . . 

Anyway . . . here's my cheap version of needed suspenders . . . some Tandy make believe crockagator lined with some 1/2 oz black garment leather . . . glued, trimmed, and cowboy sewn . . . next to my red nylon work suspenders . . . these are good for me.

I had held off until because I didn't like the alligator clips. . . a customer asked me to fix his pair that had the trigger snaps . . . from there on out I was sold.  Even ordered a set for my red nylon work suspenders.

May God bless,

Dwight

suspenders 2.jpg

Edited by Dwight

19 hours ago, Talisien said:

Nice work and wow on the time investment. Inspiring. Thanks for the view. :)

Thank you!  Glad you liked it.

15 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

those are fantastic what liner and leather weight?

Thanks!  If I recall, 5 oz on top and 3 oz on bottom.   Maybe a bit heavier than most, but it's what I had that worked well.

11 hours ago, DwightT said:

Absolutely stunning!

Appreciate it!

9 hours ago, bvdv said:

Beautiful, I think these will outlive you.

You always pay a lot for good quality hardware, but most hard hardware can be reused. If you buy cheap mass produced rubbish you regret it in a few months.

Nice work :thumbsup:

Thank you.  They were a custom order, so I didn't want any regrets on the hardware.  I hope they outlive him, and that he gets a lot of good use out of them before then!

9 hours ago, doubleh said:

Very nice work.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, TomE said:

Handsome suspenders with lots of stitching!  The trigger snaps are tack and harness hardware.  Batz Corp sells them in brass (5103B, 5105B) and stainless steel (5103SS, 5105SS) in addition to zinc diecast.  

Thank you, and yes, it was way too much stitching.  I have purchased from Batz before, decent stuff.

5 hours ago, Dwight said:

Beautiful work YinTx . . . don't know about you . . . but I got to the point I needed a pair.

I can't do your quality work . . . and I didn't try . . . but I got a pair that works . . . 

Mine will be tossed . . . your heirs will be arguing  over who deserves yours the most . . . 

Anyway . . . here's my cheap version of needed suspenders . . . some Tandy make believe crockagator lined with some 1/2 oz black garment leather . . . glued, trimmed, and cowboy sewn . . . next to my red nylon work suspenders . . . these are good for me.

I had held off until because I didn't like the alligator clips. . . a customer asked me to fix his pair that had the trigger snaps . . . from there on out I was sold.  Even ordered a set for my red nylon work suspenders.

May God bless,

Dwight

suspenders 2.jpg

I appreciate all the compliments.  I suspect yours get a lot of compliments as well.  My heirs won't see the ones I made, but my customer's may one day.  When I work in the yard, sometimes I'm wishing I had some, so I may cobble something together for myself eventually.  I picked up some heavy duty suspender clips that I want to try out, because I don't want the single snap in the back in the center, but two to the side, in my mind just seems more comfortable.  I don't even think the ones I make for myself will be nearly as fancy as yours!

YinTx