genesis

Is there a reason I dont see this contact adhesive mentioned?

I’ve only got one dozer so I can’t stretch a glued strap hitch to hitch to test. 

Weldwood brand rocks, I have other stuff that has almost zero holding strength (and it’s popular on here) that I purchased off amazon Barge is the name, I have two quart size cans that will turn to stone before I use them

Edited by Doc Reaper

4 hours ago, Chakotay said:

^ This 100%. Aquilim 315 is the only glue I use anymore. You can see me using it all the time on my YouTube channel. Previously bought Barge and Weldwood simply because those were easily available at Home Depot and Lowes. 

Aquilim is more expensive, and you have to order it online from Germany, but for me the fact that it's water-based, non-toxic, and low-oder more than offsets the health risks associated with the high-VOC stuff. I was getting headaches brushing on the other glues.

I found it's plenty strong for everything I've thrown at it. But I use it almost exclusively for gluing liners . . . which all get stitched anyway . . . so how strong does it really need to be?

You can order it from Springfield leather now.  I use it for any glueing project now; patterns, wood work and leather.

I am a box leather worker; I make it and throw it in the box. I see something I like and make it.

0B1AE083-4A2F-4BE1-B974-2419A08C1DC0.jpeg.822fd70751fdb6c540a282fd457020e3.jpeg

Barge stinks but it works. I tried aquilium, no odor and it seemed to work fine but using it in a glue pot it would start to mold before I could use it all. Back to barge and barge thinner.

14 hours ago, Chakotay said:

^ This 100%. Aquilim 315 is the only glue I use anymore. You can see me using it all the time on my YouTube channel. Previously bought Barge and Weldwood simply because those were easily available at Home Depot and Lowes. 

Aquilim is more expensive, and you have to order it online from Germany, but for me the fact that it's water-based, non-toxic, and low-oder more than offsets the health risks associated with the high-VOC stuff. I was getting headaches brushing on the other glues.

I found it's plenty strong for everything I've thrown at it. But I use it almost exclusively for gluing liners . . . which all get stitched anyway . . . so how strong does it really need to be?

Why in the world would you order from it from Germany when you can order from Springfield Leather and multiple other places?

Edited by Burkhardt

12 hours ago, 327fed said:

I’ve only got one dozer so I can’t stretch a glued strap hitch to hitch to test. 

:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Burkhardt said:

Why in the world would you order from it from Germany when you can order from Springfield Leather and multiple other places?

Back when I started using it you couldn't find it anywhere else. Found an international seller on eBay who sold gallons of it relatively cheap. 

But good to know I can score it more locally now! When I run out of my current supply I'll defiantly go there.