DwightT

Scrap bin

I should have known better.  My wife wanted some leather for one of her projects,  so I handed her my scrap bin. Next thing I know she has sorted my scraps by type and size.  This completely goes against how I look for scraps.

PXL_20221108_012429551.thumb.jpg.733170c0aebae4fe3b388b078d888e93.jpg

/dwight

heh! She tried to be so helpful! 

oh man how are you going to find anything? 

11 hours ago, DwightT said:

I should have known better.  

We all need to have this carved in stone :lol:

Mine  hides stuff all the time and has a blast watching me look for it !!

11 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

Organization is HIGHLY overrated!

For sure . . . 

post of the day 2 large.jpg

:rofl:  :16:

Jeepers-o,  that takes all the fun out of searching for that perfect wee piece ya need.   'I know its in this box . . . .or is it in this box? . . . '  Plenty of time searching for that scrap piece with a beer and/or a ceegar on hand as sustenance during the search

3 hours ago, fredk said:

Jeepers-o,  that takes all the fun out of searching for that perfect wee piece ya need.   'I know its in this box . . . .or is it in this box? . . . '  Plenty of time searching for that scrap piece with a beer and/or a ceegar on hand as sustenance during the search

That was exactly my point.  Half the time I'm not looking for a specific piece of leather.  I'm usually looking for inspiration for the next project.

/dwight

What is ...um...organised?? :dunno:

@DwightT there is one simple solution....tip them all out again :yes: 

HS

5 hours ago, Handstitched said:

HS

oh no that sounds like a simple solution but the husband wife happiness matrix wont allow for that. See now he has to figure out a way so she doesn't think he dumped em out on purpose. 

5 hours ago, Handstitched said:

. . .  there is one simple solution....tip them all out again :yes: 

And we will be visiting DwightT in his local hospital    :blink:  :lol:

Never, ever, go up against SWMBO when she thinks she's done somat nice & helpful for you

59 minutes ago, fredk said:

And we will be visiting DwightT in his local hospital    :blink:  :lol:

Never, ever, go up against SWMBO when she thinks she's done somat nice & helpful for you

8 minutes ago, DwightT said:

:17:

DwightT,

Take a couple pieces out of each bag and start a new scrap bin.  Hide this one.  When you have pieces that you know should go into the bin, toss them into one of her bags.

1. btw, that ain't much of a scrap box, :lol:, I have 3 x 80L plastic boxes, a couple of 32L plastic boxes and about 6 card boxes of various sizes with 'scrap' leather   :blink:

2. send your wifey over my way to sort MY scrap leather!  :lol:  :thumbsup:

3. you could do what I did when #1 dottir was a toddler and wanted to do what daddy was doing; I made up her own leather supplies box for her to use, instead of her taking my leather scissors to one of my new hides. Let wifey have this box and you start a new box for you

On 11/9/2022 at 2:56 PM, DwightT said:

I should have known better.  My wife wanted some leather for one of her projects,  so I handed her my scrap bin. Next thing I know she has sorted my scraps by type and size.  This completely goes against how I look for scraps.

PXL_20221108_012429551.thumb.jpg.733170c0aebae4fe3b388b078d888e93.jpg

/dwight

That is so sweet of her. You should show your gratitude and repack the refrigerator so that every thing is sorted by date and size. Oldest to the front of course. Make sure your smiling with an expectant approval look when she opens it up. My missus packs up my mess she calls it and when I go searching I find drill bits and screw drivers and pens and all sorts of stuff with no particular apparent arrangement at all.

21 hours ago, fredk said:

And we will be visiting DwightT in his local hospital

I'll bring him a bunch of grapes

20 hours ago, fredk said:

send your wifey over my way to sort MY scrap leather!  

Yeh, and mine.....good luck with that:jawdropper:

21 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

See now he has to figure out a way so she doesn't think he dumped em out on purpose

Take out one piece at a time...very quickly....? 

12 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

You should show your gratitude and repack the refrigerator so that every thing is sorted by date and size

.......and all the labels  on the tinned food are facing the front, and the socks & undies are all neatly folded ...

Gotta go, I have therapy  in 1 hour  

:rofl:

HS

On 11/10/2022 at 8:11 AM, fredk said:

1. btw, that ain't much of a scrap box, :lol:, I have 3 x 80L plastic boxes, a couple of 32L plastic boxes and about 6 card boxes of various sizes with 'scrap' leather   :blink:

I have to confess - when I got back into leather a few months ago, I sorted my scraps into veg tan and chrome tan bins.  That was the chrome tan bin and since I haven't really done much with chrome tan... Most of that is from the bag of scraps that I inherited from my grandfather.  My veg tan bin has a bit more in it.

And I can't believe that I'm really in a discussion comparing the size of scrap bins.  Seriously?

/dwight

On 11/10/2022 at 1:08 AM, Handstitched said:

HS

:yes::17: