Agarbers

Female Western Gun Belt - Curve?

I have seen some western style gun belts for women that are curved. Any clue to how much curve. I assume I use a flexible rule and bow it in for a specified offset to make the curve.

ALL western gun belts that are made correctly have a curve.

Those that don't are NY gun belts.  If they tie together in the front . . . they're Chicago gun belts.

May God bless,

Dwight

Folks are cone shaped above the hip bones, so a curved belt fits snugly.   A straight belt at first only hits on the bottom, loose on the top edge.  It will stretch to fit in time but why not make it properly to start with.

I learned about the 'cone' shape at  Duhamel's in Rapid City......whole racks of tooled belts and they all had a curve.  The saddle maker upstairs showed me how he started on a side, cutting out a nice chunk of curve that was the scrap.....then the rest were good belts.  Tandy's was just down the block, so my leather fix was easily done.  Damn, that was almost 60 years ago.....  :(((

God bless

1 hour ago, MikeRock said:

Folks are cone shaped above the hip bones, so a curved belt fits snugly. 

I, for one, am SPHERICAL above my hip bones. :whistle:

I know the feeling...... 

God bless

Keep that stupid cold air out there, please.  We were 67 today, looking for a high of 36 tomorrow.....  and then it gets cold.  Rats, was hoping for a nice sunny, warm, deer season.