Danne

Watch straps and card holders

I haven't been active here for a while so thought I share some photos of some earlier work I've done. (Ps photos could have been better)

Feel free to ask questions (construction or leather/materials used) and I will try to answer as best as I can. (Self taught hobbyist answers)

wh9p37N.jpeg

apCtXcT.jpeg

Ulac2Od.jpeg

z5BJve6.jpeg

axQpRwJ.jpeg

XmORFJ1.jpeg

Some nice work there.

JCUK

Beautiful work and colors :thumbsup:

your work is as close to perfect as i have ever seen.

Wow those are just beautiful really fine work!!!

Nice work! 
Tell me about that pink leather -- where's it from? It sure is striking.

11 hours ago, jcuk said:

Some nice work there.

JCUK

11 hours ago, Rbarleatherworks said:

Beautiful work and colors :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

your work is as close to perfect as i have ever seen.

8 hours ago, Samalan said:

Wow those are just beautiful really fine work!!!

Thank you guys for the nice comments

8 hours ago, DJole said:

Nice work! 
Tell me about that pink leather -- where's it from? It sure is striking.

Thank you. 
It’s combination tanned goat. Alran Sully and the color is rose.

Very nice work, a couple of questions.

1) On your card holder, How do you make sure that your punch holes straddle the edge of the two pockets and arrived perfectly at the corner. Do you start from a set pattern? do you have to reduce sometimes the pitch from 3.0 to 2.7 to reach the corners or so you don't punch on the edge pocket? or do you use trim allowance and cut after the card holder edges after stitching?

2) On your watch strap, where the two stitching line meet (pointy end corner of the watchstrap) Is it a round hole punch? if not is it from the start of the top stitching line punch or is that the first punch from the bottom stitching line?

Thanks as always.

I would love to see and learn your watchstrap process from start to finish.

14 minutes ago, NDphung said:

Very nice work, a couple of questions.

1) On your card holder, How do you make sure that your punch holes straddle the edge of the two pockets and arrived perfectly at the corner. Do you start from a set pattern? do you have to reduce sometimes the pitch from 3.0 to 2.7 to reach the corners or so you don't punch on the edge pocket? or do you use trim allowance and cut after the card holder edges after stitching?

2) On your watch strap, where the two stitching line meet (pointy end corner of the watchstrap) Is it a round hole punch? if not is it from the start of the top stitching line punch or is that the first punch from the bottom stitching line?

Thanks as always.

I would love to see and learn your watchstrap process from start to finish.

Thank you,

1. I make my templates so they match the stitching distance/spi. Here is a printscreen from a wallet where I stitch with 3mm/9spi.

1583223152_Skrmklipp.thumb.JPG.b57d62b8f875de90f4808345645dfc8c.JPG

2. Sometimes I use a round hole at the point. Other times I start the first hole just as corners on my wallet in the example above. For really thin thread it do look better with a round hole, or it will be a quite large gap at the point.

Here are some photos from the making of my latest strap (the finished strap is in my last post)

Edited by Danne

Amazing watch straps, can I ask do you use anything to prevent stretching? If so what?

1 minute ago, HaloJones said:

Amazing watch straps, can I ask do you use anything to prevent stretching? If so what?

That's something I constantly experiment with. For flat straps I use Velodon (Freudenberg SH-1220 or Jaeger 1961)

This is what I used for these three straps.

1. Pink + orange strap: Top layer 0.5mm goat + 0.5mm cow leather. From straps I made in goat leather before and tried for a while, it seems to work really good, and doesn't make the strap stiff.

2. Black strap: Freudenberg SH-5090 (0.1mm) along the lining and around the folds (but under padding)

An example on how I line the top layer with cow leather. (It's not this strap, but a similar strap I made before.

H4fsFcH.jpg

T943Cmb.jpg

VgBLY5d.jpg