cordwainerbec

Best places to get the finest Veg Tan shoulder (UK)

Hello everyone, new member here :wave:

I'm on the hunt for some lovely dyed-through veg tan leather. I make dog accessories and bags too, so I need something fairly thick. does anyone have their go-to shop for veg tan? it seems to be trickier than I thought it would be.. unless im searching in the wrong area of the internet! TIA 

pic for attention.. 

2F623143-38E6-464E-9B48-2F7AD18A8E51.thumb.jpeg.2678730966e9dff079434a6d7b7ac36b.jpeg

Jt bachelors in London would be my go to, however they don’t have a website with stock listings so you would need to go in person, from my last visit I recall dyed veg tan in green, black and red, May have been other colours 

All in various thickness and they have a splitter on site 

If you fancy black or shades of brown, bridle leather has a nice finish and a smooth pasted back (moss-back).  It is veg tanned leather stuffed with fats and waxes.  Sedgwick bridle leather seems to be a favorite in the UK.  Available from Abbey England and other shops.

Lovely looking bag Bec! :thumbsup:

Online, in no particular order, I use J Woods, AA Crack, Le Prevo and Abbey.

If you use Facebook look for the Leatherworkers UK group. Lots of resource lists and you will get a lot of UK-based users' experience -- especially useful if you're looking for something specific.

Other than "veg tan" (which is a very wide church) and dyed what qualities are you looking for?