luckystudio13

What makes the Techsew 4800 a Godzilla vs Cobra 26 ?

I thought both of these machines are clones of the 1341, but according to their specs, the Techsew claim stitching thickness of 1/2" vs 7/16" of the Class 26. Both uses 135x16 and. 135x17 needles (First I thought the Techsew is a clone of the 441 before seeing this specs). Lastly, Techsew 4800 claims thread size #46 to #277 and the Cobra claims #46 to #207. 

Only physical difference I saw that might contribute to the above is the double tensioners in the Techsew 4800. If the manufacturer's claim is true, is this the Godzilla of the 1341 clones out there ? Please help decipher this mystery to me. Thank you in advance as I am looking to get a cylinder head machine this holiday season. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 8.36.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 8.38.07 PM.jpg

13 minutes ago, Burkhardt said:

Are you asking if one machine is better than the other because a difference in the recommended sewing thickness of 1/16th of a inch?

Yes and also the justification for roughly +$850 USD between the 4800 pro vs Cobra class 26 with EPS. 

You could ask Techsew for clarification of those specs. They may have beefed up some parts and modified others.

2 hours ago, luckystudio13 said:

I thought both of these machines are clones of the 1341, but according to their specs, the Techsew claim stitching thickness of 1/2" vs 7/16" of the Class 26. Both uses 135x16 and. 135x17 needles (First I thought the Techsew is a clone of the 441 before seeing this specs). Lastly, Techsew 4800 claims thread size #46 to #277 and the Cobra claims #46 to #207. 

Only physical difference I saw that might contribute to the above is the double tensioners in the Techsew 4800. If the manufacturer's claim is true, is this the Godzilla of the 1341 clones out there ? Please help decipher this mystery to me. Thank you in advance as I am looking to get a cylinder head machine this holiday season. 

You are comparing apples and eggs (kind of).

The equivalent of the Cobra 26 is the Techsew 2750 and not the 4800 - or not? 26 and 2750 are based on the Juki 341but not 1341  - or not?

(First I thought the Techsew is a clone of the 441 before seeing this specs)

Not even close if you ask me. The Techsew clone of the Juki 441 is the Techsew 5100.

I think you should take a closer look at the machines.  ;)

1 minute ago, Constabulary said:

You are comparing apples and eggs (kind of).

The equivalent of the Cobra 26 is the Techsew 2750 and not the 4800 - or not? 26 and 2750 are based on the Juki 341but not 1341  - or not?

Not even close if you ask me. The Techsew clone of the Juki 441 is the Techsew 5100.

I think you should take a closer look at the machines.  ;)

I thought the 1341 evolved from the 341 ? Or maybe I should say the 3800 is the 1342 clone and the 26 is the 1341 clone.

Yes as for the 441, the type of needles used gave it away for me. 

I have a headache now :head_hurts_kr:

8 hours ago, luckystudio13 said:

Please help decipher this mystery to me.

The Techsew appears to be a closer clone of the Juki LS - 1342 then the Juki LS-341. It has the adjustable presser foot climber mechanism which the Juki LS-1342 and LS1342-7 have that is not available on either the Juki LS-1341 or the old Juki LS-341.

The Cobra class 26 appears to be a clone of the Juki LS-341 except able to take a #25 needle and not having the adjustable presser foot climber mechanism also with a slightly smaller max sewing thickness. The Juki LS's are rated for a #24 needle and a thread size of V138 in thick material.

The Juki machines specify their arm measurement as the distance from the needle to the body and their arms 255mm (10.04 inches). It is unclear as how Techsew or Leather Machine Co. measure the length of their arms, from the needle or from the end to the body of the machine??

I think the Techsew claim of being able to use V277 in a #24 needle is an error as I think a #24 needle would be good for V138 in thick material or V207 in thinner material. Something to check with Techsew.

Besides the price, the question really is the climbing feature a need or a want item for you items? If not then the Juki LS-341clones would be a cheaper option like the Techsew 2750 (~$2749 USD) or the Cobra Class 26 (~$2390 USD) or the Cowboy CB341 (~$2395 USD) and of course the shipping cost will depend on how far away you are from either of them.

kgg

8 hours ago, kgg said:

The Techsew appears to be a closer clone of the Juki LS - 1342 then the Juki LS-341. It has the adjustable presser foot climber mechanism which the Juki LS-1342 and LS1342-7 have that is not available on either the Juki LS-1341 or the old Juki LS-341.

The Cobra class 26 appears to be a clone of the Juki LS-341 except able to take a #25 needle and not having the adjustable presser foot climber mechanism also with a slightly smaller max sewing thickness. The Juki LS's are rated for a #24 needle and a thread size of V138 in thick material.

The Juki machines specify their arm measurement as the distance from the needle to the body and their arms 255mm (10.04 inches). It is unclear as how Techsew or Leather Machine Co. measure the length of their arms, from the needle or from the end to the body of the machine??

I think the Techsew claim of being able to use V277 in a #24 needle is an error as I think a #24 needle would be good for V138 in thick material or V207 in thinner material. Something to check with Techsew.

Besides the price, the question really is the climbing feature a need or a want item for you items? If not then the Juki LS-341clones would be a cheaper option like the Techsew 2750 (~$2749 USD) or the Cobra Class 26 (~$2390 USD) or the Cowboy CB341 (~$2395 USD) and of course the shipping cost will depend on how far away you are from either of them.

kgg

Thank you so much for the summary. This makes so much sense !

As mentioned above you are comparing different types of machines. For clarification, here are the differences between the 2750 and 4800:

• The 4800 is a self-oiling (automatic lubrication) machine, while the 2750 is manually oiled.
  • The 4800 can use up to size #277 thread and the 2750 can use up to size #207 thread
  • The 4800 has dual tension control , allowing for more precise control of thread tension, especially when using larger thread sizes.
  • The 4800 has an adjustable presser foot climbing mechanism, which improves stitch length consistency when sewing over uneven surfaces.
  • The 4800 has an integrated bobbin winder, the 2750 uses a table mounted bobbin winder.
  • The 4800 includes a speed reducer pulley for ultra-slow sewing speed. It is available as an upgrade with the 2750.

Ultimately, both machines are suitable for most light to medium leather projects (as well as heavy fabrics) such as bags, belts, wallets, notebook covers, upholstery and more, however the 4800 does include some more modern elements and upgraded features.

On 11/16/2022 at 9:20 AM, Techsew Ron said:

As mentioned above you are comparing different types of machines. For clarification, here are the differences between the 2750 and 4800:

• The 4800 is a self-oiling (automatic lubrication) machine, while the 2750 is manually oiled.

I heard that self oiling pump is not effective for slow speed sewing ?

On 11/18/2022 at 3:42 AM, luckystudio13 said:

I heard that self oiling pump is not effective for slow speed sewing ?

On some machines that would be true but for certain not with this model. Slow or fast the oil feed is happening. The 4800 has a square drive feed that means you have a more reliable consistent stitch length when going over thick and thin sections.

Where is that "like" button?

On 11/20/2022 at 5:34 PM, RockyAussie said:

On some machines that would be true but for certain not with this model. Slow or fast the oil feed is happening. The 4800 has a square drive feed that means you have a more reliable consistent stitch length when going over thick and thin sections.

Thank you so much for that additional info ! Also can you talk a bit more about your needle plate if I would to buy a 441 clone ? 

6 hours ago, luckystudio13 said:

Thank you so much for that additional info ! Also can you talk a bit more about your needle plate if I would to buy a 441 clone ? 

For most stuff I make I need the narrow needle plate set and if you got a fair bit of time to spare for reading this post will show and tell why -

While you are there if you check the video and have a look at my other videos on my channel you can see also a few on a Cowboy CB6900 which I believe the Cowboy people over that side of the pond call a Cowboy 1341 or the Techsew people call a 4800. This is just one of the few -

Note I think it is a great machine for wallets and bags but it would not be my personal choice for heavy duty knife pouch and holster work.