RockyAussie

Extra wide knife pouch stitching question

I have a bit of an odd shape knife here and I have not done a pouch for one like this before. I am wanting to stitch 2 lines around the outside edge but it would be nice if I did not do any stitching on the fold over I think. Because of the welt I am thinking i will have to do at least one line there. Do you think that would look alright? or should I do 2 lines all the way?

This picture is to show how the welt goes fully around -

DSC03853_resize.JPG

DSC03856_resize.JPG

DSC03859_resize.JPG

DSC03860_resize.JPG

BFK!!!! you don't really need a welt at all it is to protect the stitching from getting cut and your edge is to the fold. i would lose the welt on the fold side altogether or just glue it, it being squished in there shouldn't need sewing. Or if you do want to sew it then i would do the outside stitch all the way around then do the inside to the tip then decide if you want go all the way with it. Also by adding the welt there will be no natural retention so you will need a strap or something imo to be safe..

Given the fact the stitching sort of blends in with the color, I think you'd be OK with only one row of stitching on the fold-over side.  If it were a contrasting color thread, maybe it would be best to do two rows.  

I've only done one line of stitching on sheaths with blocks/ welts   where the edge is, turned out fine. 

Looks great btw . 

2 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Also by adding the welt there will be no natural retention so you will need a strap or something imo to be safe..

:17:

HS