LomaeArts

Golden Wheel CS-335BH - Timing

An employee recently acquired a good second hand, working a Golden Wheel CS 335BH, a binding cylinder Pfaff 335 copy.

the binding attatchment has been replaced with a non binding kit.

the shuttle timing has an issue, as the needle goes down into the shuttle race but jams preventing a full rotation of the mechanism. 

I have checked the shuttle and bobbin, there is nothing out of place. 

I haven't found a methodoly to verify the timing mechanism.  Can anyone assit?

I will grap a small video of the machine showing the issue today when I retrun to our shop.

55 minutes ago, LomaeArts said:

An employee recently acquired a good second hand, working a Golden Wheel CS 335BH, a binding cylinder Pfaff 335 copy.

the binding attatchment has been replaced with a non binding kit.

the shuttle timing has an issue, as the needle goes down into the shuttle race but jams preventing a full rotation of the mechanism. 

I have checked the shuttle and bobbin, there is nothing out of place. 

I haven't found a methodoly to verify the timing mechanism.  Can anyone assit?

I will grap a small video of the machine showing the issue today when I retrun to our shop.

It may help also if you have a picture that shows the non binding kit pieces. I have both a 335 binder clone and a similar one that is not with a binder but there are quite a few differences such as the feed dog being able to reciprocate instead of only going back and forth,distance of the needle hole position from the end etc. The hook and perhaps the feed dog may just need to be moved to line up correctly (left or right) but I cant think why the timing would need to be changed.

RA, 

Will do. 

I also found the an adjustment manual for a Pfaff 335.

capturing a short video has raised multiple issues:

the needle is be misaligned by the foot and also the hole.

Tomorrow I will revert to the original binding feet and needle plate.

https://youtu.be/Z4nBmquW2xg

To me it looks like the needle is being bent by the walking foot before it enters the hole

5 hours ago, LomaeArts said:

Tomorrow I will revert to the original binding feet and needle plate.

If the needle striking problem disappears it will prove that those are incorrect and made maybe for a PFAFF 1245. If the original presser foot work great, if not hopefully they are also incorrect otherwise you may have problems like a bent needle bar. 

I would checkout the golden wheel page for their CS 335bh manuals www.golden-wheel.com/en/product/product_detail-370

kgg

Ok finally got time to look at this again. The issue I bigger than I thought.

I removed the feet and the needle hits the race case.

I adjusted the race case so the needle doesn't hit it, but now the needle hits the needle foot.

Man. I would love to know what they did!

more reading and research is called for.

Matthew

Looking at the video I would guess either the inner foot bar or the needle bar are bent (needle bar I guess). Why? Cause both bars go up and down in the needle bar rock frame and therefore both bars are in a fixed positioning to each other. So the distance is not adjustable. But I only can guess.... ;)

Edited by Constabulary