Guest WraithTDK

Need a simple strap with snaps on either side.

Guest WraithTDK

I bought a prop for a costume I wear as part of a charity group. The strap is part of a holster, but I need it widened to accommodate a modification I made. I initially worked with the vendor that create the holster, but he's in Itally. It took a good almost a month for him to make it, and then the shipping took forever, with a long pause for customs, and it ultimately was too long (although I think that part was my fault, I over-estimated how long I needed it). I'd really like to commission someone in the US. It should be a fairly simple job. A strap about 3/4" x 15" with snaps on either side.

lcd8PfE.jpg

The strap is currently 14.5" and will need to be lengthened.

JTYdPii.jpg

From the center of one snap to the center of the other is 13 1/4". I would like this to be 13 5/8. If your quote is reasonable, and you'd be willing, I might be wiling to pay for one slightly shorter and one slight longer just to be sure I finally get something I can use.

NZSLCLW.jpg

The snaps are 1/2" wide

z7JZXlmW.jpg

The strap is 3/4" wide.

I can be reached via email at wraithtdk at Gmail dot com.

Do you have  Tandy store near you?

@WraithTDK I would do it for you just for the cost of postage. But I'm in Northern Ireland, about 3000 (at least) miles from you

Bert's suggestion is about the best. HobbyLobby might have the snaps in stock

@Bert03241 oh wow, that DOES sound like the way to go. I could use that in the future. It does seem easier than I thought with the right tools. I'll have to poke around for the right size/style fasteners, but yea...that does seem like the right direction. Thank you so much!

@fredk yea, I'm going to go with his idea. Now that I've looked at the tools and the availability of spools of pre-cut straps, it certainly makes more sense for me to learn how to do it. But I really appreciate your willingness. Thank you!

Please let us know how you do .