luckystudio13

Machine for making delrin stamp for leather

Am looking for a machine to make delrin stamp for leather, would the 5w D1 Xtool be a good machine for this or do I have to go with their latest 20w. Unfortunately a CO2 cutter will be out of my budget range for now as I only have max $1500 budgeted for this. On the cheaper end and a long shot, would Cricut Explorer cutter be able to accomplish this same task ? Thanks again for your wisdom and knowledge guys.

You can find 40 watt co2 lasers well under 1500 and it will be much better and faster then a diode laser

Look. There are a CO2 machines for cutting leather cheaper than  $1500. Find on this website 0203 machine. This is compact desktop micro machine is designed for long works and continuous operations.

I have had the experience of working on such a machine. this miracle little machine surprised me. a small machine, but powerful enough for long hours of work.

Omtech 40W is $480 right now. It is not Lightburn compatible which would be a downside. But, go with what @Bert03241 says. He's the expert on these type things. 

I don't know what  the big deal is about lightburn. There free software out there to design in and then you just transfer to the laser

If you haven't used and experienced Light Burn software you have missed the best product for laser engraving and cutting and it keeps getting better.

Opinion from a dedicated user.

Well my machine doesn't support it so guess I'll never get the chance :no::dunno:

Alternatively,  you could just drop $200 for a cheap MSLA 3D printer off Amazon . . . 

I think trying to make stamps with a 3d printer will cost to much and take a long time. a 60 watt co2 laser can do delrin stamps pretty  quickly compared to other methods

One other thing , I wrote OMtech ask them the size of their 40 watt tube , they told me it was 700 mm 50 mm Dia. This is not a true 40 watt tube. They mislead you, yes it puts out 40 watts but not a steady 40 watts, its a burst and then drops down to under 30 watts doing the actual work. A true 40 watt tube is 1010 mm long 50 to 55 mm dia

After reading this thread I got interested in it - until I found out the cost of a decent laser. Likewise resin printing, already having a filament printer, which is adequate for my needs, I have now lost interest.