Sign in to follow this  
esty

Consew CP206RL resources

i recently bought a Consew CP206Rl and cannot find any resources for it online...i need a parts manual and owners manual

thanks guys for your time and help...i ended up returning the Consew...the last straw was, the presser foot would not lift high enough for the materials i work with

i ordered a JUKI DDL-8700 which states it lifts 13mm and offers a 5mm stitch...i passed on another walking foot machine...i already have the old, reliable Consew 255...i was talking to a neighbor a few days ago about sewing machines, she dug out a clean singer CG-500C and gave it to me

Contact Consew direct in NY.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher

4 hours ago, esty said:

thanks guys for your time and help...i ended up returning the Consew...the last straw was, the presser foot would not lift high enough for the materials i work with

i ordered a JUKI DDL-8700 which states it lifts 13mm and offers a 5mm stitch...i passed on another walking foot machine...i already have the old, reliable Consew 255...i was talking to a neighbor a few days ago about sewing machines, she dug out a clean singer CG-500C and gave it to me

I'm no expert on this and I'm sure others will chime in, but...

As far as I know the DDL-8700 is NOT in the same class as the Consew 206RL.  That Juki is for the apparel industry and offers high speed without a walking foot.  What exactly are you planning to sew with it?

I hope that Juki works out for you but it would have been much better to come here FIRST, before ordering a machine (or returning the Consew) to ask for advice.  You should tell us what you plan to sew and what your budget is, and I'm sure you would have had great suggestions from the members here. 

13mm is about half an inch... are your assemblies really that thick?  Are you sewing leather?  What kind of thread (thickness and type) do you think you will need to use?

I wish you well!

Edit: As far as I know, the Consew has a longer stitch length and a higher presser foot lift than what you're reporting for that Juki.  I hope you didn't make a mistake with your purchase.

Edited by MtlBiker

12 hours ago, esty said:

i ordered a JUKI DDL-8700 which states it lifts 13mm and offers a 5mm stitch.

The Juki DDL-8700 is a light duty, high speed, straight stitch, bottom feed garment sewing machine. The high lift in the specs is the clearance under the raised foot for moving thich seams past the needle and foot. The needle is a DBx1, which is a short needle often used in garment sewing machines. You will probably be limited to a maximum thread size of #69, or possibly #92. This calls for needle sizes 18 and 19. The timing may have to be changed to use a #19 needle. The only leather this is going to sew is fashion leather like used in clothing, or light weight vests and thin wallets.

This machine has an oil pump and needs to spin fast to distribute the oil to all the extremities. This machine is used in tailor and custom dress shops and small garment factories where they operate flat out at 50 or 60 stitches per second!

@MtlBiker  i discussed the material i sew in the 1st post in this thread..i may have made a mistake but will know after i use it

the lightweight, throw away machines, i described in the 1st post are made to sew lighter weight fabrics but i get a year + or - out of them...my thoughts were that the Juki might be easier for me to keep clean and in repair and i can use a servo motor with it

i'll have to remember to rev the engine often to keep it oiled

17 hours ago, esty said:

@MtlBiker  i discussed the material i sew in the 1st post in this thread..i may have made a mistake but will know after i use it

Well, the first post in this thread does not mention the material you sew.  Only that you are looking for resources for the 206RL.

Whatever.

On 11/25/2022 at 7:39 AM, MtlBiker said:

Well, the first post in this thread does not mention the material you sew.  Only that you are looking for resources for the 206RL.

Whatever.

i'm sorry, i spoke too quick...i sew marine vinyl to heavy carpet...see this thread -

Edited by esty
forgot link

1 hour ago, esty said:

i'm sorry, i spoke too quick...i sew marine vinyl to heavy carpet...see this thread

I agree with Wiz and I also didn't know what you were planning on sewing. I would have suggested in a flatbed at least a Juki DNU-1541S or Juki DNU-1508N or clones and in a cylinder bed a Juki LS-1341 or clone with a flatbed attachment. Hope the 8700 does work for you.

kgg

on the CP206rl is there a piping foot that can be used on this machine?