Patrick1

My version inline pressure foot

I did some R&D on making the conventional inline pressure foot and wasn't happy about not starting on the edge or potential moon craters on the leather. With this set-up I can get to .135 thou to the edge with a 277 thread and 200/25 needle and it works just as I was sewing with a regular set, and no adjustments needed. 

INLINE PRESSER FOOT.jpg

Interesting design.  No need to back out of corners as for the typical inline feet (?).  Is the piece in the foreground made of 2 layers sewn together?  Did you sew the bottom layer after stitching the layers together?  I am interested in using inline feet to stitch tight against a raised leather feature.  I can do it with the inline feet from Bob Kovar, which are quite nice, but I often sew raised leather pieces by hand in order to get closer to the raised edge and keep the border narrow.

I am very interested in something like this.  Do you have any plans to produce and sell these?

Thank you,

Todd

That presser foot set and flat-top throat plate look beautifully made. Did you make them yourself?

On 11/23/2022 at 3:10 PM, TomE said:

Interesting design.  No need to back out of corners as for the typical inline feet (?).  Is the piece in the foreground made of 2 layers sewn together?  Did you sew the bottom layer after stitching the layers together?  I am interested in using inline feet to stitch tight against a raised leather feature.  I can do it with the inline feet from Bob Kovar, which are quite nice, but I often sew raised leather pieces by hand in order to get closer to the raised edge and keep the border narrow.

Yes the piece in the foreground is 2 layers. I sewed the bottom after the 2 layers were sewn together.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:28 PM, Hildebrand said:

I am very interested in something like this.  Do you have any plans to produce and sell these?

Thank you,

Todd

There is a little problem with the Chinese machines or it's just my machine. The needle bar is not inline with the feed bar so I had to go with a larger hole in the pressure foot. I tried a set out on my friends CB3400 with the bigger hole and it worked flawlessly. I also had to adjust the presser bar laterally. Long story short a lot of folks aren't comfortable messing with the mechanics of the machine so I'd probably open a can of worms for myself if I sold them. I'd like too but that's my only concern. I'll contact you If I decide to. 

.300 ledge.jpg

On 11/23/2022 at 5:37 PM, Uwe said:

That presser foot set and flat-top throat plate look beautifully made. Did you make them yourself?

Yes and thank you. I have a fully equipped cnc mill shop with all the bells and whistles and have watched your videos on YouTube, you do a great job explaining stuff.

Had a lot of folks interested in my version of an inline foot but it's not so I went back and increased the clearance of .010 of an inch per side on the presser foot and made it for a tighter radius. I'm 99% sure it should fit the 441 clones. Posted a video of it in action at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2g3PJN4A8 . The presser foot and center foot are 17-4 stainless heat treated to RC 36. Works with up to #25 needle and a 277 thread. Can purchase at https://heprecision.com/

NARROW FOOT.jpg

On 2/1/2023 at 1:55 PM, Patrick1 said:

Had a lot of folks interested in my version of an inline foot but it's not so I went back and increased the clearance of .010 of an inch per side on the presser foot and made it for a tighter radius. I'm 99% sure it should fit the 441 clones. Posted a video of it in action at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2g3PJN4A8 . The presser foot and center foot are 17-4 stainless heat treated to RC 36. Works with up to #25 needle and a 277 thread. Can purchase at https://heprecision.com/

NARROW FOOT.jpg

How much and how do I pay!

Silverd