Bawarrior

Oak lifted leaf holster

Wow! This is the level Im striving to reach. 

Great job!

13 hours ago, BlackDragon said:

Wow! This is the level Im striving to reach. 

Great job!

Thank you

That is beauitiful!  I really like carving/tooling but have really never liked flowers(I know, my therapist is looking into that.:rolleyes2:), so I really like oak leaves.  Don't those high "lifts" get a lot of wear during use?  Don't get me wrong, that is some of the best looking oak leaves I've seen.  If I could do something like that I would dislocate my shoulder patting myself on the back.  Is the holster mostly a showpiece?  Just a burning question in my feeble mind.

1 hour ago, jrdunn said:

That is beauitiful!  I really like carving/tooling but have really never liked flowers(I know, my therapist is looking into that.:rolleyes2:), so I really like oak leaves.  Don't those high "lifts" get a lot of wear during use?  Don't get me wrong, that is some of the best looking oak leaves I've seen.  If I could do something like that I would dislocate my shoulder patting myself on the back.  Is the holster mostly a showpiece?  Just a burning question in my feeble mind.

Thanks Jrdunn, awesome review. I made this for someone else and have no idea of use it will be getting. Even with use should just look better with patina.  I was just having fun bringing leaves to life.  

Beautiful and inspiring.  And leaves you won't have to rake!

2 hours ago, Tugadude said:

Beautiful and inspiring.  And leaves you won't have to rake!

Thank you and very funny

The holster is done and working on sheat

20221126_133502_copy_756x1008.jpg

That is very impressive work on the leaves. Having attempted, unsuccessfully, something similar, I can appreciate the skill involved.:specool:

3 hours ago, dikman said:

That is very impressive work on the leaves. Having attempted, unsuccessfully, something similar, I can appreciate the skill involved.:specool:

Dikman I do appreciate your kind comments. It does take some finesse, I started with small scrap. At least for now I think I finial got it