Made a order last week with Tandy for all the black Friday sales. Said the order should be here on Tuesday. On Tuesday I'm sitting here and checked my email and to my surprise said the order was delivered at 12:30. I looked at the email at 12:40. Looked outside and no package, footprints or tire tracks anywhere on my property  cause it was snowing. For a hour I jumped through all the phone automated crap before calling the local UPS store that connected me to a real human being at UPS. Went through a half hour with them before they said they would send a message to the local UPS dispatch. 4 and a half hours later I here from the dispatch and he said he would talk to the driver in the morning and let me know where my package is.

Well the next day (wed) I call UPS and the jackass on the phone tells me he can't help me cause the package has been delivered so if there is a problem I should contact Tandy. I asked him why I should contact Tandy they didn't lose my package UPS did. Regardless of the fact I got him to admit that he could see I talked to them the day before he couldn't open a claim because it said it was already delivered. I asked them to message the dispatch again and find out where the package is. Nope, said nothing he could do.  I had been keeping Tandy in the loop about it and they told me if I hadn't heard anything by Thurs afternoon they would deal with UPS and send another order out. Over 150.00 of pretty much tools. Very much praise for Tandy and F UPS.

3 minutes ago, Burkhardt said:

Very much praise for Tandy and F UPS.

Sure hope you get your tools.  Just another *PITA we could do without.  I had a similar issue with our postal service , Australia Post . I ordered a simple small order of dye & hardware. Normally takes 10 -14 days standard post. I kept waiting ....etc., and  like you, I contacted supplier. Had to get Oz post to investigate. Over a month past, still no delivery. After supplier got involved in the investigation, ....my parcel suddenly turns up at the post office. 

:thumbsup: for the supplier.  Oz post used to be quite good, but standards have dropped.  ' Express Post' used  be  just that, ' next day ' delivery....not any more its not. 

Good luck. 

HS 

* Pain In The A.....s

Doubt it will help by other comments on this page but I have to say that like a lot of stuff these days the whole world just seems to be going nowhere very quickly. https://www.facebook.com/theupsstore/

We've had great service from UPS in rural Missouri.  Smaller packages shipped by an economy UPS rate are delivered by the USPS to our mailbox.  Fedex or UPS (don't recall which) photographs the package on our doorstep.  I'd try the help line again.

I do live in a rural area with my closest neighbour being a kilometer away. Packages for myself and my neighbors get misdirected a lot with Xmass time being the worst. The problem in my area is the drivers are using their stupid phones for directions and not looking at the address marker at the front of the driveways. The worst was I was expecting three pallets loads a few weeks back. The driver pulled into my neighbors drivieway who luckly was at home and stopped the off loading of my delivery. 

kgg

Sorry to hear about your woes, but stuff happens.  I am in the construction industry and deal with deliveries all the time.  Some days it seems to be my job to track shipments, something I really shouldn't have to do.  And it is getting worse.  Not only is service declining, but as you have discovered, instead of being understanding and apologetic, sometimes you get grief instead of empathy.  

The person you spoke with might have just hung up with someone who was angry and who knows, might have ripped him a new one, profanity included.  It happens.  Not making excuses for him, he shouldn't let that frustration was over you, but again, it happens.

Glad to see you report the good experience with Tandy.  I'm sure if the package is indeed lost they will replace it and deal with the carrier on their own.  

Good luck!

Doesn't seem to matter who use us for shipping once in a while you'll have a problem.We just had the same issue with USPS tracking showed it was delivered & customer said they never got it.We re-shipped & filed a claim with them.We rarely have a problem with UPS compared to USPS. I'm sure Tandy will resend your order & file a claim.Good Luck.

I had an issues with all delivery companies. We're human and mistakes happen so I try to take things in stride. What I don't like is when they mess up and blame others. Look you messed up, it happens, take ownwership of it and lets fix it.

UPS delivered one of my packages to the wrong place. The bad thing was the contents, it was ammo. Not a good thing to lose. I called UPS and they said they would look into it. When I hung up with them I called the ammo company. They sent out a new shipment and would deal with UPS. The UPS driver contacted me and said he messed up and confused the address and dropper it off at the wrong place. I respected him for owning it. While chatting he asked me what were the chances of picking up the ammo from the other address. I told he could try but the guy is a hunter and knowing him he'll just say he never received it.

fedex is our nightmare. No office in town a small drop box at the local truck stop. And always late I'm two days after the first delivery date now waiting for a blower motor for my furnace. usually the packages go right through town to get to the hub then back again. Had one go through town three times before it landed on our doorstep.

I sent a hand awl to Tony, owner of Diesel punk a little over 2 months latter it showed up the tracking was crazy

it left jackson ms, went to Miami then to new York then New Jersey then main back to ms and did it again 3 times

i guess the bone handle was freaking the out cTony finallyreceived it and said the box looked like it had been opened a few times and suggested he had been run over. And kicked

we try and use ups it usps 

dhl and fedex are the worst I ordered a smoker online fedex literally dropped it in the street 200 yards fro the house. And drove off

Similar experience today. Ordered supplies, shipped by fed ex. Got a text today telling it had been delayed and would be delivered tomorrow  not today. We leave for an appt and come home to a notice on the door saying we tried to deliver,  but yo weren't home. 

1 hour ago, Hags said:

Similar experience today. Ordered supplies, shipped by fed ex. Got a text today telling it had been delayed and would be delivered tomorrow  not today. We leave for an appt and come home to a notice on the door saying we tried to deliver,  but yo weren't home. 

It's like the only guarantee to get a package is with a signature but you'd swear they go out of their way to make sure you're not there. Couldn't tell you how many times the USPS had signature deliveries and I'd watch the driver go to mailbox and drive away leaving a note in the mailbox saying sorry we missed you, you can pick up your package at the post office. After a few conversations with the head honcho at the post office they actually started bringing them to the house. 

They all seem to have their problems at one time or another.  I had one from FedEx a while back that I'm still trying to figure out.  Ordered a cat door from Amazon, and on the anticipated delivery date I got the email notice that it had been delivered.  Great.  Even included a photo of the package sitting on my front porch.  But when I went out to get it, the package wasn't there.  Crap.  Figured a porch pirate must have walked off with it. 

Called Amazon to report it, and they said that they will send out a new one.  I don't remember the reason but the replacement was going to take a few days to get here.  Two days later though there is a package on the front step with our cat door.  Ok, the replacement got here faster than expected.  Go in to Amazon tracking, and they say they haven't shipped it yet.  Went ahead and cancelled that order (certainly didn't need two cat doors), but I'm still trying to figure out what happened.

We have a really great mailman. Ken drive in and honk and if we're not home e leaves the slip in the box. But if we have a sub, the lazy a..hole won't even bring it from t post office, just leaves the slip saying "No secure location".