Tim Schroeder

Suspenders

Made these for Pops for Christmas. He has some of those Nocona suspenders and they are really heavy.  These are 1/3 the weight.  I put the cheap spring latches because of weight. They are 4/5oz. HO lined with the thinnest veg tan I've ever seen. I bought it to make the inside of wallets. I would like to know if anybody knows how to keep the slide buckle from moving every time the elastic stretches. I had his other ones to measure so I know the shortest length. I put the slide buckle all the way to the bottom so it couldn't get longer. You can make them shorter if they stretch. 

IMG_3358.JPG

IMG_3361.JPG

IMG_3359.JPG

IMG_3363.JPG

IMG_3365.JPG

Lookin good . . . I tossed the idea of elastic . . . my buddy and I both wear solid leather suspenders.

Don't have a problem once that "fit" size is found.

May God bless,

Dwight

Beautiful work!  Batz Corp sells stainless steel and brass trigger snaps that are a step up from zinc diecast, but maybe not with the slide for the elastic band.

yup what Dwight said!! My pair also has no elastic you don't need it if they fit right. your tooling is out of this world btw.

Wow, that is some fine tooling. Looked like it was a fun project.  I'd go with the leather instead of elastic as the others said.

Beautiful.  I may have to look at making myself a set one of these days.  And your stitching looks pretty awesome also.

/dwight

very nice work:You_Rock_Emoticon::thumbsup:

Very nice! I made a pair of plain ones just to get the process down. Going to have to improve my tooling!

OUTSTANDING !!!!

7 hours ago, Tim Schroeder said:

Made these for Pops for Christmas. He has some of those Nocona suspenders and they are really heavy.  These are 1/3 the weight.  I put the cheap spring latches because of weight. They are 4/5oz. HO lined with the thinnest veg tan I've ever seen. I bought it to make the inside of wallets. I would like to know if anybody knows how to keep the slide buckle from moving every time the elastic stretches. I had his other ones to measure so I know the shortest length. I put the slide buckle all the way to the bottom so it couldn't get longer. You can make them shorter if they stretch. 

IMG_3358.JPG

IMG_3361.JPG

IMG_3359.JPG

IMG_3363.JPG

IMG_3365.JPG

I’m a real old guy. I’m hard to impress. But you have done it.

a simple design,  done flawlessly.

VERY nice work!!
I’m truly impressed!

Joel

Edited by GrampaJoel

Super clean. Nice job

Absolutely the nicest suspenders I've ever seen. Great job you've done, pops will love them.

Very nice set.  On the set I recently made, I used heavy nylon/poly webbing with solid stainless slide hardware, that seemed to work instead of elastic.  I wondered about the comfort without the stretch of elastic, but no complaints from the customer, so I figured good to go.  And in that case, solid leather all the way around would do the same thing!