Mrstsb

Chisel roll/pouch

I'm new to sewing leather and would like to make a chisel roll for my woodworking chisels. What leather or suede is best for this sort of item? 

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking at using a machine

On 12/4/2022 at 8:54 AM, Mrstsb said:

I'm new to sewing leather and would like to make a chisel roll for my woodworking chisels. What leather or suede is best for this sort of item? 

I'm making one right now for my woodworking chisels with 4oz oil tan it's my intention to have the leather go over each handle rather than just stitching it flat like a cloth roll this makes the problem of closing the bottom of each chisel space so at the bottom of each space i will leave a small tab of leather in the center kind of like a jock strap sorry but this explains it best that small tab is part of the face it will go back and be stitched down it's a bit more work but i think it will work best the reason for doing this leather is not like cloth I think things will just fit better this way.

Sorry not one roll, three rolls.

4 hours ago, Samalan said:

I'm making one right now for my woodworking chisels with 4oz oil tan it's my intention to have the leather go over each handle rather than just stitching it flat like a cloth roll this makes the problem of closing the bottom of each chisel space so at the bottom of each space i will leave a small tab of leather in the center kind of like a jock strap sorry but this explains it best that small tab is part of the face it will go back and be stitched down it's a bit more work but i think it will work best the reason for doing this leather is not like cloth I think things will just fit better this way.

Would love to see a picture of this when you have finished

11 hours ago, Mrstsb said:

Would love to see a picture of this when you have finished

I would like to see yours also, my rolls won't be done until some time in January.

1 hour ago, Samalan said:

I would like to see yours also, my rolls won't be done until some time in January.

Show me yours, and I'll show you mine?  :)

4 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

Show me yours, and I'll show you mine?  :)

LOL that's what it sounds like.