n866

Who will make deer skin garmets

Because all my friends know me as "the leather guy" I get a lot of requests for anything leather related.  Sunday I had a friend call me up asking where he could take his professionally tanned deerskins to have things made (gloves, jackets, purses, etc.).  I guess he had them tanned over the years by a place from Wisconsin or Minnesota & they used to make garments, but they are long since out of business.  

It sounds like he has over a dozen, and would like to have a couple nice things made from them.  Do any of you have recommendations for a place that makes high quality goods from your deer hides?  

I found a place on-line here in Ohio that says they do just that, but I figured I'd ask some of you for your opinions as well.  I know he'll want high quality.

http://www.custommadesportwear.com/ 

Thanks for your time!

That was W. B. Place, in Hartford, WI.   They did great work.  I used to send all my deer hides there, even bought/scrounged hides during season and sent them over.  Had fringed jacket made, and a boatload of gloves.  Those gloves stood up to baling hay better than store bought gloves.  Sad when they closed up.

God bless

Vaughn's made me a great jacket from and elk hide I sent them.  I salted the hide per their specifications, sent it to them, waited a while and they sent me the jacket.

Awesome thanks for the feedback!

@n866 I haven't messed with deer hide yet, but I'm always looking for a challenge. I'd like to try making a set of gloves or a small purse for nearly free if they're willing to experiment.