Guest Kathy

modern fire bellows repair needed

Guest Kathy

Hi,

I have two fire bellows that are used on a daily basis when the weather is cold and I am heating my home and studio with woodstoves.

Both have cracks in the leather.  I expect it is a fairly simple repair, but I don't know where to find replacement materials.  I would rather repair what I have than to create trash by purchasing replacements.

Is there anyone in the Puget Sound who has the skills and materials to do the repairs for me?  If so, please email me at krausch@gmail.com. 

Thanks,

Kathy

Once bellows leather starts to dry out and crack you'll be 'repairing' them forever. You'd be be best to totally replace the leather

Guest Modern fire bellows repair

Thanks, Fred.  Replacing the leather is what I expected would be necessary.

Any tips for what kind of leather I need, and sources for that product are welcome.  I would also appreciate any suggestions about how to do the leather replacement in case I can't find someone with experience to do the repair for me.

Kathy

I would need to see a picture of the bellows to consider what approach to take in replacing the bellows leather

And we would need to know whereabouts you are in the world to advise you on where to get the leather

Guest Kathy

Hi again,
I am in in Renton, WA 98059.

I have pictures of my bellows, but couldn't figure out how to post them on the website since my pictures are not from a URL.  

Please contact me at <K R a u s c h@ g m a i l.com> (with no spaces) if you are in the Puget Sound area and can either replace the leather for me, or have a source for leather I can get to make the repairs needed.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Guest Kathy said:

Hi again,
I am in in Renton, WA 98059.

I have pictures of my bellows, but couldn't figure out how to post them on the website since my pictures are not from a URL.  

Please contact me at <K R a u s c h@ g m a i l.com> (with no spaces) if you are in the Puget Sound area and can either replace the leather for me, or have a source for leather I can get to make the repairs needed.  Thanks.

You have to join the forum to upload pictures, or use our private messages and email systems. There is no fee required to become a member.