Jacktheboatguy

Has my bobbin mechanism 'shifted'?

I'm using a Juki LU562 for boat upholstery work & it's been working great until now. I had a major birds nest that took quite a while to clear - probably due to operator error on putting in a new bobbin. Now I get a major jam trying to thread it & the machine locks up (probably the safety clutch). I secretly violated the 'guy code' & read the manual. It looks like my bobbin mechanism has rotated about 45° CCW.The manual shows (& it's always been the case) that the 'protuberance' "A" is right next to the point of the arm "B" - touching it & not touching it as the bobbin rotates. Now they're separated by almost 45°. Does that seem like a good observation? Is this something a reasonably handy person could fix? There's a bit of vague adjustment info on pages 18 & 19 but I'm not sure this addresses what I need. There is a good shop in Indianapolis but he's always backed up - taking it there is sort of a last resort.

Any recommendations or advice?

Juki bobbin.jpg

There is a great YouTube video explaining exactly how I assembled the cover plate incorrectly & caused my own problem. Working fine now.  Thanks to anyone who pondered how to explain something so simple to me!     :) Jack   

The bobbin case tab has to sit in the notch of the needle plate - see tips of the arrow.

Remove the needle plate screws, rotate the bobbin case and put back on the needle plate.

EDIT:

Looks like you figured it ;)

Bild1.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

positioning finger