Sign in to follow this  
ToddW

which thread do you buy for a cobra class 26?

finally getting around to start sewing with my cobra class 26 I bought and wanting to order up some thread.  I sew passport covers, small bags a wallet here and there.. wanting some good thread for it and not sure what size and where a good place to get it at.  The needle is the one that came on the machine from the factory as its brand new.  I like the saddle back look which is prominent thread

Edited by ToddW

33 minutes ago, ToddW said:

The needle is the one that came on the machine from the factory as its brand new. 

I looked at their website and didn't see what size and type of needle they supplied with their machines.

For that machine the needle system needs to be a 135 x 16 for leather where as the 135 x 17 is made for fabric. I would suggest a buying V92 and V138 thread for your needs. A excellent thread made in the US and Canada would be American & Efird ( www.amefird.com ) which you can also get from places like Wawak ( www.wawak.com ) in either bonded nylon or bonded polyester. Bonded polyester offers better UV protection then bonded nylon.

kgg

whats the difference between V92 and V138.. assume thickness?  I like a thicker thread look..

7 minutes ago, ToddW said:

whats the difference between V92 and V138

Thickness and most importantly breaking strength. The V92 has a breaking strength of 14.5 lbs. while V138 is 22 lbs. A good chart for needle and thread size selection can be found at ( www.tolindsewmach.com/thread-chart.html ).

kgg

Edited by kgg