Sign in to follow this  
ManateeLG

Diode laser engraver

I got a diode laser and wanted to test it out. So far, it does great for making patches. I just finished these two field notes covers and am very happy with how they turned out.

I just wanted to mention that for hobby use and/or small scale production that a 5.5w diode laser can do a pretty amazing job.

IMG_20221220_233318361.jpg

Man I want one of these! I can think of a ton of apps for the local golf course, holsters, making cut and carving patterns. The list just goes on!

I have a 10W laser and I not only use it for engraving but for cutting 8oz veg tan. Using the Lightburn software along with a mounted camera it is easy to duplicate or capture existing artwork/patterns.

On 12/25/2022 at 1:31 AM, BliksemDonder said:

I have a 10W laser and I not only use it for engraving but for cutting 8oz veg tan. Using the Lightburn software along with a mounted camera it is easy to duplicate or capture existing artwork/patterns.

How does that camera feature work? I haven't used it but I am having trouble getting my work pieces in the right spot for where I want the laser to engrave. 

On 12/20/2022 at 11:10 PM, ManateeLG said:

I just finished these two field notes covers and am very happy with how they turned out.

These look great! That hog would be very popular here in Arkansas. 

I've got a 10W diode. So far, I haven't used it directly on leather, but I have used it quite a lot for cutting MDF templates.