Gezzer

New pistol

so I had to give it a ride . Nothing fancy for sure  , really Plane Jane .  With 3 holes it will mount to my shoulder rig .

IMG_1909.JPG

IMG_1910.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

the ride looks good but I would clear that leather from the grip area you don't want to be grabbing leather. Also end the stitching at the trigger guard about 1/4" lower back stitch it just a bit , the stitching at the round of the trigger guard I would get it closer and  at the muzzle end I would get the stitching closer to the frame.

that's all if this is a holster to carry . If it's just something to put the gun in then that's not a problem. All that said you did a clean job . And this is all just my opinion not meant in any way to criticize.

Good points ,  I did miss on my pattern but since it's just a range toy  I will use it a while and maybe tweak it  later on .   Thanks !!

Looks good Gezz wish I had a new toy to cut leather for :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Simplejack1985 said:

Nice work

Thank you .

3 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Looks good Gezz wish I had a new toy to cut leather for :thumbsup:

Thanks ,  you do need one of these ......... Taurus of all people finally figured it out :spoton:

Neat, clean, effective, no extra leather to be in the way. 

14 minutes ago, 327fed said:

Neat, clean, effective, no extra leather to be in the way. 

Thanks !!

I just couldn't leave it so plain  :lol:

IMG_1912.JPG

Like the added touch.  How's the retention? Very clean with good stitching.

I have the SR22 do you laser the TX22?

1 hour ago, AzShooter said:

Like the added touch.  How's the retention? Very clean with good stitching.

Thank you .  Retention is fair , works in my case as I will wear it in a shoulder rig at about 35 degrees . Would not be enough for open carry or for horizontal  in the rig. 

3 minutes ago, Bert03241 said:

I have the SR22 do you laser the TX22?

I have the SR also  , it's been a mainstay for me , just not enough magazine  capacity  . Great shooter and VERY reliable !!!!!!!

No , no lasers . I an old iron sight  guy  but I may have to give into something  down the road ( eyes are not what they once were )   :unsure:

I've got a Walther P22 and Smith EZ-9 that I need to make holsters for.

@AzShooter  Look forward to seeing those  .

Trip to the range and I decided  this thing was a little too big for a shoulder rig . Went through some old holsters that I no longer have guns for and robbed a paddle to use ,  This isn't very neat looking but all I could do and it will work for the range . Had to wet form again because the paddle is radiused and it closed down the mouth when I attached it to the holster .

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_1916.JPG

On 12/30/2022 at 7:24 PM, Gezzer said:

I have the SR also  , it's been a mainstay for me , just not enough magazine  capacity  . Great shooter and VERY reliable !!!!!!!

No , no lasers . I an old iron sight  guy  but I may have to give into something  down the road ( eyes are not what they once were )   :unsure:

I meant did you laser engrave the letters?

5 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

I meant did you laser engrave the letters?

:blush:  Well that flew right over my head  :lol:   Sorry Bert ,  no I tooled them .   I     WISH    I had  a laser and the know how to use it  !!

Is that the TX22C 13+1.  The compac version of the TX22. I want one. Saw one on sale. How is it? The holster looks perfect for a light carry weapon. I like to carry a 22WMR But also the TX22. 

4 hours ago, carr52 said:

Is that the TX22C 13+1.  The compac version of the TX22. I want one. Saw one on sale. How is it? The holster looks perfect for a light carry weapon. I like to carry a 22WMR But also the TX22. 

This is the full size { 16+1 } .  This one runs like a swiss watch ,  great feel in my hand that makes it a natural pointer . I replaced the front sight with a fiber optic but that is just personal preference , the rear sight needed a shim to hold elevation (kept creeping down ) . Other than the sight issue I give it an A+ and may get the compact if it is considerably smaller in size .

Maybe its the way the is positioned in the photo or just my old eyes. It looks shorter than mine. Mine does have the extended threaded barrel. I agree it is a really sweet shooting weapon. 

1 hour ago, carr52 said:

Maybe its the way the is positioned in the photo or just my old eyes. It looks shorter than mine. Mine does have the extended threaded barrel. I agree it is a really sweet shooting weapon. 

It is the way it is sitting , also I don't run the thread adapter on mine . According to Taurus website there is not much difference in size by measure . Now it might feel a good  bit smaller in the hand but I don't know .

Compact is 4.90  high                    Full size is 5.44     about 1/2 inch

Compact is 6.70  long                    Full   is       7.06     about 3/8 

Compact is 16;50 oz                      Full   is       17.30    about 3/4  oz

Width is the same for both @ 1.25  

Compact does have an open top slide and optics cut  but I am going to have to get one in my hand to know whether  there is enough difference for me . :spoton:

I went to the local Palmetto State Armory today. I just like looking at all the new guns. I think the Taurus is an excellent firearm. As for everyday carry I prefer the Taurus TX22 LR or a .22 WMR. My Keltec is the PMR 30 chambered in .22WMR.