DaveP

Need help! Canted sheath

Looking for a lot of help constructing a canted sheath for a fixed blade knife. In the picture I have a pattern drawn with the forward belt loop to be folded in half. This is for a left hip orientation. Trying to use a sewn in loop as seen in picture for the second belt loop. Not sure what I'm really doing with this. So allbof your expertise would really be appreciated!! 

20221231_165203.jpg

Something like this...

99161.jpeg

Someone has been where I'm at working with sheaths.  

PLEASE HELP!!

take your sheath pattern( forget the loops at this point)  and lay a ruler across it at the angle you want your belt put your belt loops at right angles to your ruler. the sheath in your first pic wont lay at the same angle as the second sheath pic it will ride at about 45 degrees and most of the handle will be way above your belt line.

Still confused about what the back is supposed to look like! 

Here's another drawing I just finished.  Kinda! Pic has my knife. I've made a couple horizontal sheaths but I really like this design from pic above. Second picture is my horizontal design. It's 5 layers thick at the loop. In this drawing the 2 long horizontal lines is the belt.

I'm missing something with this! 

20230102_162355.jpg

Edited by DaveP

My horizontal. 

20230102_163415.jpg

On 12/31/2022 at 5:48 PM, DaveP said:

Something like this...

99161.jpeg

I believe that the one slot you see here is the only slot . when in use the belt will not allow for much movement at all .   just my $0 .02

4 hours ago, Gezzer said:

I believe that the one slot you see here is the only slot . when in use the belt will not allow for much movement at all .   just my $0 .02

I don't believe one slot/ loop will hold in this position. 

It also looks like several layers. Just can't tell what or where they are. 

Get in touch and these folks might help .  call 740-664-3335 or email us at eaglebrandct@gmail.com!

14 hours ago, DaveP said:

Still confused about what the back is supposed to look like! 

Here's another drawing I just finished.  Kinda! Pic has my knife. I've made a couple horizontal sheaths but I really like this design from pic above. Second picture is my horizontal design. It's 5 layers thick at the loop. In this drawing the 2 long horizontal lines is the belt.

I'm missing something with this! 

20230102_162355.jpg

this will work just fine.

i cant tell from the pic either it may be the back loop also covers the slot. like it would resemble the whole triangular back shape from your loop edge all the way around the slot and be the reason the slot area is sewn in the picture/ your belt would go directly into the loop section from the slot if you get my meaning. 

It appears to be a double layered sheaths and just the one loop it’s sewn back to itself. I do believe that would hold well enough 

Edited by MRknives