donohueleather

Custom 3 slot OWB Holster

Had an order for a custom 3 slot holster for a sig p365, the customer wanted some kind of fanciful artwork with his brothers nickname added. Did some drafts, went back and forth and ended up with the artwork you see.

Once the pattern was worked up I ended up building the holster out of a 6oz (ish) veg with full suede lining (all chrome free suede). All sewn togther with some Ritza 1.0mm in white. 

I went ahead and put the two slots for adjusting cant on the back vs. front to keep the whole unit roughly in the same place so it wouldn't be so floppy on the straight draw.

Couple of minor things I might change if I built this one again, maybe a slightly lighter veg body as it got rather thick after all the lining was added. Maybe 5oz. 

20221205_204555.jpg

Nice holster for a lousy gun.

Sold my 365 and bought a drone with the proceeds.

Drone is much better . . . 

Good job . . . keep up the good work

May God bless,

Dwight

2 hours ago, Dwight said:

Nice holster for a lousy gun.

Sold my 365 and bought a drone with the proceeds.

Drone is much better . . . 

Good job . . . keep up the good work

May God bless,

Dwight

Off topic but what drone?

8 hours ago, donohueleather said:

Had an order for a custom 3 slot holster for a sig p365, the customer wanted some kind of fanciful artwork with his brothers nickname added. Did some drafts, went back and forth and ended up with the artwork you see.

Once the pattern was worked up I ended up building the holster out of a 6oz (ish) veg with full suede lining (all chrome free suede). All sewn togther with some Ritza 1.0mm in white. 

I went ahead and put the two slots for adjusting cant on the back vs. front to keep the whole unit roughly in the same place so it wouldn't be so floppy on the straight draw.

Couple of minor things I might change if I built this one again, maybe a slightly lighter veg body as it got rather thick after all the lining was added. Maybe 5oz. 

20221205_204555.jpg

Nicely done.  What is the purpose of the rivets?

2 hours ago, Grumpymann said:

Off topic but what drone?

DJI Phantom 4 . . . an expensive toy . . . working on getting my FAA license so I can use it commercially.

Don't plan on doing any real "money" work . . . but their rule is hard, fast, and serious . . . have to have it . . . or else.

Do you have one??

May God bless,

Dwight

phantom 4.jpg

2 hours ago, PastorBob said:

Nicely done.  What is the purpose of the rivets?

Purely cosmetic

Nice job!

8 hours ago, Dwight said:

DJI Phantom 4 . . . an expensive toy . . . working on getting my FAA license so I can use it commercially.

Don't plan on doing any real "money" work . . . but their rule is hard, fast, and serious . . . have to have it . . . or else.

Do you have one??

May God bless,

Dwight

phantom 4.jpg

DJI mini 2. Signed up for pilot Institute was 150 bucks and I can use it for CE credits once I get my commercial. Don't want to hijack the thread  will PM you with more if you want. 

That's a nice holster for a great gun PastorBob! I love my Sig 365X, I just made a holster for it too.

Edited by bladegrinder
spelling

10 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

That's a nice holster for a great gun PastorBob! I love my Sig 365X, I just made a holster for it too.

Can't take the credit.  It was actually @donohueleather that created it.  I agree.  Nice holster.

Oops, sorry about that PastorBob, that was meant for you donohueleather, that's a nice looking holster! :)

Great lookin holster nice carvins,:You_Rock_Emoticon: don't know why you'd want to use a lighter weight leather tho.I use 7 to 8 oz veg  for my holsters. I like em heavy duty :yes:

Looks great to me.