YinTx

Why am I restricted to 500kb images??!?

here is a screenshot.  Not allowing me to add second photos.  Happens very often.  You can see the image size is 554kb, but I get blocked from adding any more photos.  WTH?

124707237_ScreenShot2023-01-06at11_41_06AM.thumb.png.2dcb477bcfe068ea72c285b1fba424cd.png

You must've made it mad by posting fur.  The website has been taken over by PETA.  :lol:

- Bill

8 hours ago, billybopp said:

You must've made it mad by posting fur.  The website has been taken over by PETA.  :lol:

- Bill

I had no idea.  I'll mention everything is made from EnVIronMENTALly FrIEnDlY plastic.  

21 hours ago, YinTx said:

Not allowing me to add second photos.  Happens very often.  You can see the image size is 554kb, but I get blocked from adding any more photos.

Maybe the next photo is taking you over the limit.  Try resizing to about 1024 x 768 pixels.  That should produce files around 50k with adequate resolution for most screens and allow you to post  a lot of photos in one go.

35 minutes ago, Northmount said:

Maybe the next photo is taking you over the limit.  Try resizing to about 1024 x 768 pixels.  That should produce files around 50k with adequate resolution for most screens and allow you to post  a lot of photos in one go.

I tried that too, no go.  Maybe I'll just log out, reboot and see what happens...

18 minutes ago, YinTx said:

I tried that too, no go.  Maybe I'll just log out, reboot and see what happens...

Sometimes it looks like it is adding up all the pictures in a post, other times seems just fine.  Good luck.

I’ll just add extra pictures as comments on my own post and they get merged anyway.

I resize my photos to under 1000 pixels. 800 still provides a  nice, sharp photo on a computer screen.

2 hours ago, Northmount said:

Sometimes it looks like it is adding up all the pictures in a post, other times seems just fine.  Good luck.

Seems to have done the trick!  ??

1 hour ago, nstarleather said:

I’ll just add extra pictures as comments on my own post and they get merged anyway.

Usually works for me also.  The logout/close window/new window/login seems to have done the trick.  Was able to post more images of the hip bag I did with the fur on cow hide I bought from you some time back!  Came out pretty good, thanks!

1 hour ago, Sheilajeanne said:

I resize my photos to under 1000 pixels. 800 still provides a  nice, sharp photo on a computer screen.

I'll keep it in mind,  I usually just try to make sure all the images I post stay under the 1.4mb limit.

Edited by YinTx

What is the 1.5 MB max? Per post, hour, or day? 

I posted a 500 MB photo in one post, then tried a 1 MB in the next post, it denied the second. I shrunk the 2nd so that it was below 1 MB and it went. If I wait an hour can I post pics again? 

On 1/6/2023 at 7:43 PM, YinTx said:

here is a screenshot.  Not allowing me to add second photos.  Happens very often.  You can see the image size is 554kb, but I get blocked from adding any more photos.  WTH?

124707237_ScreenShot2023-01-06at11_41_06AM.thumb.png.2dcb477bcfe068ea72c285b1fba424cd.png

After logging out, I was able to upload photos under 1 MB again. But it seems to me that such a problem may arise due to low picture quality. Therefore, I recommend trying to use images from trusted photo stocks. Recently, I downloaded fails design high resolution photos for my project and was pleased with the results. There were no problems downloading files.

Try uploading files smaller than 1 MB

Edited by Sem2390

4 hours ago, Sem2390 said:

Try uploading files smaller than 1 MB

To all users!

Considering the resolution of smart phone screens and most computer monitors, you don't need to post hi res photos.  Nobody can see the difference due to their screen resolution and size. 

There are still a lot of places in the world where download speeds are pretty slow and could take hours to download some of the photos people like to post their large photo files!  So give us all a break.

Downsize your photo files to 800 pixels in the longest dimension.  That is very adequate for purposes of this website.