Kovant

Buy drum sander

Hello

I will probably buy this bench grinder as it is the only one with variable speed I can find in Europe (shipping + fees from USA are very expensive) https://www.sealey.co.uk/product/5637184962/o200mm-variable-speed-bench-grinder but I can't find any drum grinder with the shaft diameter.
Does anyone know of any? 
If it was in Europe, the better, but if not there is not much of a problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

I was in your searching idea a couple years ago . . . saw this sander . . . bought it . . . brought it home.

It was about 150 dollars US then . . . 160 now 

My advice would be don't buy this.  The drum oscillates up and down while rotating . . . which is great for doing wood projects . . . useless for leather . . . or at least what I do in leather.

I have a little noisy 30 inch belt sander that works the very best for me.

May God bless,

Dwight

drum sander.jpg

if you have or are purchasing a bench grinder, you may want to look at this site https://www.mcmaster.com/drum-sanders/drum-diameter~3/   .

I purchased a 3" drum for my grinder and it works very well. Since you are not in the US it may be cost prohibitive, but thought I would share the link...

29 minutes ago, Kovant said:

Good site!
Thank you very much!

yup belt sander !!! 

1 hour ago, sparctek said:

if you have or are purchasing a bench grinder, you may want to look at this site https://www.mcmaster.com/drum-sanders/drum-diameter~3/   .

I purchased a 3" drum for my grinder and it works very well. Since you are not in the US it may be cost prohibitive, but thought I would share the link...

Was looking at the same site.  That's where I buy sanding sleeves for my Cobra burnisher/sander.  I think the bench grinder @Kovant picked out has a 5/8" shaft but I am uncertain about the thread size.

I use a spindle sander and have been very satisfied with the results. To bad you don't have a Harbor Frieght over there.

@Kovant If you put your location in your profile we might be able to help find a place for you to buy from

1 hour ago, fredk said:

@Kovant If you put your location in your profile we might be able to help find a place for you to buy from

According to his IP Address, appears to be located in Spain.

The IP address resolves to 6.85-86-249.dynamic.clientes.euskaltel.es

San Sebastián de La Gomera, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, 20011, Spain

I second chuck & dwight, belt/ disc sander. A bit noisy, but it works and I can still get the drive belts . I use a vintage vacuum cleaner as a dust extractor . And if I can't get the adhesive sanding discs, I make my own. 

HS