Bawarrior

Sheath for big scissors

Dang Fancy scissors case , very nice work:thumbsup:

I love the color and the design.  Beautiful work.

17 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Dang Fancy scissors case , very nice work:thumbsup:

Yep, gonna second that.  superb!

Heck yea!!!

Amazing leatherwork!

So this is the reason I have been nervous about posting on here. Beautiful work!

Great, I think oak leaves are hard to make

Edited by wolfago

Wow!! That's awesome! I just bought a pair of shears I need to make a sheath for but it will be nowhere near this awesome. 

Thats everyone, lots of fun and entertaining comments. Much appreciated. 

On 1/16/2023 at 9:36 AM, falcon45 said:

Amazing leatherwork!

Thank you

That sheath is a cut above most I've seen.  Well done!

4 hours ago, Tugadude said:

That sheath is a cut above most I've seen.  Well done!

That's what I was cutting for, thanks

33 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

No need to get snippy…:wave:

Good one, cutting edge funny.

I really like the appearance of the border.  I really don't do much stamping and no tooling to speak of but I do want to try a border stamp on a project in the future and that one is quite attractive.  I can see that enhancing a lot of projects, especially binders.  

Every time I see a well-executed project like this it reminds me of how cool this hobby is.  And if this isn't your hobby, then I hope you are repaid for all of the time and experience that goes into creating something so special.

1 hour ago, Tugadude said:

I really like the appearance of the border.  I really don't do much stamping and no tooling to speak of but I do want to try a border stamp on a project in the future and that one is quite attractive.  I can see that enhancing a lot of projects, especially binders.  

Every time I see a well-executed project like this it reminds me of how cool this hobby is.  And if this isn't your hobby, then I hope you are repaid for all of the time and experience that goes into creating something so special.

Tungadude, It is a hobby, I must thank you, but not really skill. JUST SHEAR LUCK. The border is a bit tricky, need to practice to get it looking decent. Its called a meandering stamp. Thanks again 

Really like how the border frames the leaves.  Great textures.  Did you use a beader for the inside of the border?

2 hours ago, Tugadude said:

57 minutes ago, Bawarrior said:

Tungadude, It is a hobby, I must thank you, but not really skill. JUST SHEAR LUCK. The border is a bit tricky, need to practice to get it looking decent. Its called a meandering stamp. Thanks again 

i love the meander tool here are a couple different ways to use it. lol.

meandertest.JPG

When my wife and I first saw the meander stamp in the rack at Tandy, we could not figure out what it was for.  We were only looking at the impression it made by itself and didn't consider the "negative space" that it left behind.  Shortly after that somebody posted a project here where they had used the stamp and the proverbial light went on.  That's one of the things that I love about this craft: forcing myself to look beyond the obvious both in tooling and in how to assemble a project.  Might help to keep the brain somewhat limber in old age.

And Chuck - you use of the stamp is simply genius, especially in combination with the seeder.

/dwight

2 hours ago, TomE said:

Really like how the border frames the leaves.  Great textures.  Did you use a beader for the inside of the border?

No beader just the stamp. 

2 hours ago, DwightT said:

When my wife and I first saw the meander stamp in the rack at Tandy, we could not figure out what it was for.  We were only looking at the impression it made by itself and didn't consider the "negative space" that it left behind.  Shortly after that somebody posted a project here where they had used the stamp and the proverbial light went on.  That's one of the things that I love about this craft: forcing myself to look beyond the obvious both in tooling and in how to assemble a project.  Might help to keep the brain somewhat limber in old age.

And Chuck - you use of the stamp is simply genius, especially in combination with the seeder.

/dwight

I also saw a video and loved the pattern. Dwight your observations are very insightful.   

Edited by Bawarrior

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

meandertest.JPG

Thanks Chuck 

On 1/28/2023 at 8:13 AM, chuck123wapati said:

meandertest.JPG

Those are some cool ideas. I have came up with at least one them by mistake