Sign in to follow this  
TJ959

211W Bobbin Case Opener

I have a Singer 211W151 and unfortunately I broke the bobbin case opener. I looked on line and they seem to be hard to find.  I ordered a 267351 from sewing parts online. It but they are on backorder with no idea when they are available. I have had bad experiences with ebay so I'm looking for a reputable parts source. I like machines that are as old as I am (Singer 111W155, 211W151, and 66) so this may be an ongoing problem.

Bad experience with Ebay or the seller on Ebay? That's two different stories. Ebay is not the seller it is just the platform for selling things.

If it was me I would order this NOS Singer part. Just 10 bucks incl shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265243181471

I cannot imagine that it will not work

However - you are aware that this type of machine came with different style hooks and therefore different bobbin case opener right? Are you sure 267351 is the one you need? Just checking w/o knowing details of your machine.

Edited by Constabulary

You know, you're right. I don't know why I have such an aversion to EBay. I had a bad experience but I guess I can't really blame them. My daughter uses them frequently. Thanks for stating the obvious. The part has been ordered. I was not aware of different parts but my parts list shows this one and the original was destroyed with pieces missing so I can't tell from the picture. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again. ....TJ