I have been using Fenice for a long time, but I have decided to give Uniters a chance again. I find Fenice very easy to use. The downside is that there are no solutions to match colors (Uniters have their Sherlock reader, a rebranded NIX color sensor, that will give you the formula from their base colors)

I haven't worked with waxy oily leathers, so I haven't used any primers (Like AR 6250/P, UW 13/8, UW 13/9 which I guess are the more popular ones from Fenice) But I feel like I would need to use something for veg tan leathers also, because of the grain, it peels on folds on wallets in veg tan cow exterior, and I guess it's because the grain isn't as dense as chrome tanned leathers. Also even if my watch straps hold up fine, I do have a little bit of peeling problems, like layers of edge paint peel from each other (not from the leather) But this is not what I want to discuss.

I know some people here use Uniters EP2000 (standard viscosity version of EP2000)

Do you need any EP-sealer or EP-fibre glue (resellers sell them under other names sometimes) or how do EP2000 alone hold up one veg tan, and oily waxy leathers? (And to not get answers that are confusing, if it peels from oily waxy leathers, do you use other methods than a thin first coat with buffing or heating with electric creaser? (And sanding)

Please share your opinions about Uniters.

And btw, I struggle with getting a good finish, and for some reason the sanding dust makes brighter colored leather with a pronounced grain very dirty, and also stain thread, and I have to work hard to clean it. I haven't seen anyone complain about this, not sure if it's the sandpaper type I use that result in a "particle size" that sticks to everything.

For P180 sand paper I have two different version, but for finer grits like P400 I use Mirka silicone carbide.

Edited by Danne

Either no one use Uniters here, or people can't bother to share their opinions and knowledge. Sometimes it feels like I should stop sharing and helping other here. Sorry for being grumpy..

I would love to share but I did not use any edge paint yet. I am researching before starting how to use it and I remember that I read  a question/post on Peter Nitz site that stated that he doesn't use Filler  (he uses Uniters I believe. I could be wrong 

Sorry, never heard of the stuff.  I finish my edges with a burnisher and mainly Tokonole.

2 minutes ago, NDphung said:

I would love to share but I did not use any edge paint yet. I am researching before starting how to use it and I remember that I read  a question/post on Peter Nitz site that stated that he doesn't use Filler  (he uses Uniters I believe. I could be wrong 

Hi, thank you for your answer :)

Yes Nitz use Uniters and no primers, I'm sure his edges are very durable, but he also doesn't work with oily/waxy veg tan. 

1 minute ago, PastorBob said:

Sorry, never heard of the stuff.  I finish my edges with a burnisher and mainly Tokonole.

Yes, a good and durable way to finish edges.