robygen

Help for sewing machine switch

Good evening, I write from Italy, thank you for welcoming me into the group.  I'm considering changing my 441 clone machine because my work needs have changed.  I'm looking for a more versatile machine also for medium thicknesses (3-4-5 mm).  I was offered the Durkopp 667 and the Jack 2060g.  the latter seems to have an interesting value for money, but I found very little information on the web and I'm not sure if it's right for me.  To recap, I would need a 3-feed to sew mainly medium gauges and occasionally up to 1/2” gauge.  Do you have any suggestions?  unfortunately here in Europe I can't find some US brands, so I have to focus on Durkopp, Jack or Juki.  thanks to those who will intervene

@robygen - Why not consider buying a narrow throat plate and feed dog from one of our members who hand make them? I got mine from member @RockyAussie in Australia. We also have a member in the USA making narrow feeders and plates known as @Patrick1. They are made to fit most Juki 441 and clone machines. This way you won't have to give up the ability to sew thick leather with heavy thread. You will be gaining the ability to sew thin leather with thin thread and small size needles. I can go from T70 thread and up with the narrow set from Australia. The other set limits the largest needle to a certain size and is optimized for smaller needles. You can contact the members to learn more.

Here are the topics the members started about their narrow plates a feed dogs.

Thanks for the suggestion, I was not aware of these accessories.  For the rest, however, I await  comments on the two other sewing machines, especially on the Jack