councilman24

132k6 versus k10

Trying to figure oit what the difference between a 132k6 and k10 is. I found one indication a k10 may either be a true walking foot or at least something different that the spring jump foot on the k6. Anybody know? I'm tired of trying to find some thing besides the parts manual and to cross eyed to sort through parts to figure it out.

It’s my understanding the 136k10 is bottom feed only and doesn’t have a walking or jump foot.  I’ve never seen one in person, but what the heck I’d buy one for the novelty of it.

When I was really looking hard for a 136k6, it seemed like a number of 136k10s and whatever other numbers that designate bottom feed only machines, would pop up from central and South America.   Perhaps those were more popular down there than the us?

I seem to recall an Australian company making or rebuilding 136k6’s into a full walking foot version, but that was never a Singer factory option.  The 136 is a popular machine down under.

There is also at least one Chinese manufacturer currently making a full walking foot, but it’s 

7B16FE9B-7811-4EF9-958B-6EE34C97084E.jpeg

I tried to search for the Australian company and google won’t allow it - it’s like the vast majority of international companies are not searchable like they used to be.

Anyway, this is the 6k132 that has both reverse and what I believe is a true walking foot.

C5DCAE1A-15C9-4FFD-90AB-E1D5BB12F7C2.jpeg

Check the Seiko SK-2B-1, the one pictured looks like a close copy.  I have the SK-6 (bottom feed only) and the SK-6F model is a jump foot like the 132K6.

DC

2 hours ago, DonInReno said:

I tried to search for the Australian company and google won’t allow it

I think the company you're referring to  is ' Sewing Machines Australia ' in Queensland. They do parts and accessories  for just about every  industrial machine. They also supply my threads  :) A good used 132k6 is hard to find as they have been snapped up, but SMA supply the newer equivalent of the K6 . 

HS