Good morning everybody,

Years and years ago in a far away land I too was into leather craft. Tandy’s was just a hop and skip away and materials were easy to go pick up. I loved to lace my work with 1/8” kangaroo lacing but now online it looks like it’s not that much available anymore. There is other lacing like, deer skin, Latigo, Kodiak, calf. I did buy some kangaroo online from a dealer but the edges weren’t chamfered and clean and sharp as Tandy’s. I’ve seen the videos on the tube about making my own lace but I’d probably not do well there. Sooooo……other than kangaroo what are you using?  If you’re using kangaroo where do you get it? 

Thanks! 
Dano

I only use Kangaroo lace. I get it from Yknot in Montana. Its the best Ive found. 

1 hour ago, benlilly1 said:

I only use Kangaroo lace. I get it from Yknot in Montana. Its the best Ive found. 

Thanks for the tip.  I'm going to make some laced reins.

@Danotriglide

Its no good to you , but all my  roo lace comes from ' Birdsall Leather' NSW Australia . The freight will be ex$y to the US .   But I wonder where US suppliers get their roo lace from,there aren't any kangaroos in the US? ;)

HS 

5 hours ago, Handstitched said:

@Danotriglide

Its no good to you , but all my  roo lace comes from ' Birdsall Leather' NSW Australia . The freight will be ex$y to the US .   But I wonder where US suppliers get their roo lace from,there aren't any kangaroos in the US? ;)

HS 

Handstitched, I assume Y-knot lace gets lace from Packers in Australia but I'm not sure. 

5 hours ago, Handstitched said:

@Danotriglide

HS 

actually i just searched and there are several roo ranches in the states lol maybe them roo burgers aren't so far off after all.

13 hours ago, benlilly1 said:

I assume Y-knot lace gets lace from Packers in Australia but I'm not sure. 

I get my supplies from them too, mostly roo hides, but I also get some lace from them too . But I find Birdsall lace seems to ' sit' or lay down  better  . They also have both ' classic' ( matt) or glazed lace,  but just a quick rub over with some super shene after lacing  does the same thing :) 

13 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

actually i just searched and there are several roo ranches in the states lol maybe them roo burgers aren't so far off after all.

Thats interesting, run by ' Aussie ex-pats perhaps. 

HS