Sign in to follow this  
TomE

Making Harness by Martin & Preston

Would like to buy a copy of "Making Harness.  A Step by Step Guide" (2005) by Lewis Martin and Daniel Preston.  Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

making-harness-book.jpg.bd0e2c3a22e07d5e23da06b6250275a0.jpg  

Is it out of print now? Shoptalk magazine use to sell them, which is the guy who wrote the book. 

On 1/26/2023 at 6:33 PM, ryano said:

Is it out of print now? Shoptalk magazine use to sell them, which is the guy who wrote the book. 

Yes, I haven't found it.  I read that Weaver Leather had sold this book previously,  but they weren't able to locate a copy.

4 hours ago, TomE said:

Yes, I haven't found it.  I read that Weaver Leather had sold this book previously,  but they weren't able to locate a copy.

shoptalkmagazine

When we acquired the magazine, we were given rights to sell all the books he sold. I’m unsure if we were given permission to reprint Dan’s book though. I’d have to look into it.

That was a comment left as you can see so you might be able to get one eventually.

7 hours ago, Burkhardt said:
shoptalkmagazine

When we acquired the magazine, we were given rights to sell all the books he sold. I’m unsure if we were given permission to reprint Dan’s book though. I’d have to look into it.

That was a comment left as you can see so you might be able to get one eventually.

Thanks for your reply.  Would welcome a digital or printed copy.

I just heard, not to long ago, Preston passed away. Someone must have the right to print it the book, the book looks like it was printed at a local print shop, but is a great book for Market Style Harness. Not sure what it would cost to have it copied.

I would really like a copy as well.

1 hour ago, ojd said:

I would really like a copy as well.

I've had no luck finding a copy, including contacting the folks who bought Shop Talk magazine from Preston.  Truely a limited edition.

There do seem to be some copies in Libraries. Specifically Colonial Williamsburg Foundation and NYC Public Library. I don't think that would help with purchasing a copy but perhaps they could scan a copy for you, or you could request to borrow it....you know, to "read" very close to a xerox machine.