DaveP

Coozy liner help

A friend wants me to make a leather bottle coozy. I've trying to think what the liner/ insulator would be made from. I thought of just a piece of rubber wrapped in leather. I think it would get stuck from the bottle sweating. Anyone make any and with what products?

Thanks again

8 hours ago, DaveP said:

Anyone make any and with what products?

Yes, I make 'stubby holders' , ' coozies' . I use a polystyrene foam stubby  insert to accommodate 375ml cans or stubbies , but they can also be made using foam rubber, similar to what is used in wet suits. Craft shops  or leather  suppliers may have it. Some may even have an adhesive backing , or use contact adhesive. I have a set measurement for mine , but  when cutting the leather piece , allow enough for the thickness of the foam rubber in your measurements so the bottle or can slides in . 

Hope this helps  :) 

HS

Assorted Stubby Holder Pics Edit.JPG

11 hours ago, Handstitched said:

Yes, I make 'stubby holders' , ' coozies' . I use a polystyrene foam stubby  insert to accommodate 375ml cans or stubbies , but they can also be made using foam rubber, similar to what is used in wet suits. Craft shops  or leather  suppliers may have it. Some may even have an adhesive backing , or use contact adhesive. I have a set measurement for mine , but  when cutting the leather piece , allow enough for the thickness of the foam rubber in your measurements so the bottle or can slides in . 

Hope this helps  :) 

HS

Assorted Stubby Holder Pics Edit.JPG

Very nice! I'll have to look for that. Do yours have a bottom piece sewed on? 

11 hours ago, DaveP said:

Do yours have a bottom piece sewed on? 

No, theres a bottom in the foam insert, its about 10-15mm  thick  and quite easily hold the weight of cans or stubbys ,  but you may need one if you're using foam rubber. 

HS