Chux

Woven bags

Just finished these up and figured I'd post them here and see what you guys have to say. 

20230125_155452.jpg

I say awesome!

45 minutes ago, rleather said:

I say awesome!

To which I say thank you!

i'll double down on that awesome.

1 minute ago, chuck123wapati said:

i'll double down on that awesome.

Thank you very much!

Great idea and execution. 

1 minute ago, Bawarrior said:

Great idea and execution. 

Thank you, I'm actually pretty happy with the way they came out myself, for a change

I really love the grey one. Is that nubuck leather?

I see they have a fabric  lining.

Does the woven outside leather have a backing to stiffen it and keep it from collapsing, after some use?

I would love to see more of the grey one.

Edited by GrampaJoel

9 hours ago, GrampaJoel said:

I really love the grey one. Is that nubuck leather?

I see they have a fabric  lining.

Does the woven outside leather have a backing to stiffen it and keep it from collapsing, after some use?

I would love to see more of the grey one.

Thanks. I honestly had to look up what nubuck leather was, and I have to say after having done so, I think it may be. I ordered a "close out" lot of leather and all it said was various colors and thickness so I can't say that it definitely is. 

Unfortunately there isn't any kind of stiffener, I really have no clue what I'm doing and just try to make things that look decent and that I'm not embarrassed to say I made. 

I worked for a pet crematory for 28 years, and we were partnering up with some other companies and things were going to be BIG!! Better pay, better benefits, better EVERYTHING!!! turns out the company was sold and I got laid off...(sad trombone noise)

So I'm trying to take something that I enjoyed as a hobby and keep a roof over my head. With all the crazy going on lately rent has gone up 400.00 a month and I'm just trying to keep on keeping on. I'm not looking to screw anyone with "low quality" I'm just doing my best with what I "know" and hoping to keep learning and getting better and making things to the best of my ability.

Ok, sorry, rants over.

Here is a couple more pics ..

20230125_160046.jpg

20230125_160137.jpg

20230125_160158.jpg

4 hours ago, Chux said:

Thanks. I honestly had to look up what nubuck leather was, and I have to say after having done so, I think it may be. I ordered a "close out" lot of leather and all it said was various colors and thickness so I can't say that it definitely is. 

Unfortunately there isn't any kind of stiffener, I really have no clue what I'm doing and just try to make things that look decent and that I'm not embarrassed to say I made. 

I worked for a pet crematory for 28 years, and we were partnering up with some other companies and things were going to be BIG!! Better pay, better benefits, better EVERYTHING!!! turns out the company was sold and I got laid off...(sad trombone noise)

So I'm trying to take something that I enjoyed as a hobby and keep a roof over my head. With all the crazy going on lately rent has gone up 400.00 a month and I'm just trying to keep on keeping on. I'm not looking to screw anyone with "low quality" I'm just doing my best with what I "know" and hoping to keep learning and getting better and making things to the best of my ability.

Ok, sorry, rants over.

Here is a couple more pics ..

20230125_160046.jpg

20230125_160137.jpg

20230125_160158.jpg

Thanks for the pictures.

I think you did a very nice job with all three of the bags. The grey one just catches my eye, for sure. It has that  ‘expensive’  look to it.

I think you are on the right track. 
Good luck with your venture into leather working.

Joel

21 hours ago, GrampaJoel said:

Thanks for the pictures.

I think you did a very nice job with all three of the bags. The grey one just catches my eye, for sure. It has that  ‘expensive’  look to it.

I think you are on the right track. 
Good luck with your venture into leather working.

Joel

Before I even say thank you, let me be up front and apologize for coming off as snarky as I did, it was not justified at all. I just re-read what I wrote and did not intend for it to sound that way at all, consider it the text version of "verbal diarrhea". You asked a simple question and I took it the wrong way. I'm sorry. 

Thank you for the compliment and encouragement!! From here on I will try to "think" and not assume how a question is meant. 

Thank you, and once again I apologize