ZigZag

Juki 1508 Binding attachment

Hi all, I want to add a raw edge, single fold, bias binder attachment to my Juki1508. There appears to only be a single threaded hole in the sliding bobbin cover plate and 2 threaded holes closer to the front edge of the bed. Is there a particular style or make of binder I should be looking out for. I’m based in the UK
Thanks

Nick

EA31EB5F-33D8-4812-994B-DF39A9C4B93A.jpeg

You want to order a binding plate that will fit the 1508.  That will allow you to tap and screw the raw edge binder down to it.  It has a raised platform to drill and tap screws into.  Make sure your screw are flush with the underside of the slide plate.  If they hang down, grind them off to flush with bottom.  Tennessee Attachment makes on with part  # 455-1508-1.  However, you are in the UK.  College Sewing may be able to get you a raised plate.  You may need a new feed dog, throat plate, feet for binding as well.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher

We sell alot of these arms part#226292 to people to mount the binders with.It fastens in the tapped hole in the middle of the bed with 1-screw.We also put a tack weld on the backside to keep it from pivoting since this bracket only has 1 screw to hold the binder.

binder arm.jpg

Edited by CowboyBob

27 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

We sell alot of these arms part#226292 to people to mount the binders with.It fastens in the tapped hole in the middle of the bed with 1-screw.We also put a tck weld on the backside to keep it from pivoting since this bracket only has 1 screw to hold the binder.

binder arm.jpg

Thanks cowboy Bob, they have these at college sewing so will try this and see how I get on. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

1 hour ago, shoepatcher said:

You want to order a binding plate that will fit the 1508.  That will allow you to tap and screw the raw edge binder down to it.  It has a raised platform to drill and tap screws into.  Make sure your screw are flush with the underside of the slide plate.  If they hang down, grind them off to flush with bottom.  Tennessee Attachment makes on with part  # 455-1508-1.  However, you are in the UK.  College Sewing may be able to get you a raised plate.  You may need a new feed dog, throat plate, feet for binding as well.

glenn

Thanks Glenn, I’m going to try cowboy bob’s recommendation and see how that works out. But I appreciate your ideas.

I need to do something similar from time to time - but also need to move the folder out of the way - so use a magnetic guide - effectively it's a couple of strong magnets on a bar. Sailrite sells one - but like you I'm in the UK, so made my own. I've just checked and someone on E bay sells them in UK if that helps (Go for the 6" long to give a better guide)

FORGET THIS - I've just re-read the OP, and you want to attach a folder, not an edge guide.... (Sorry :unsure:)

Edited by Beanwood
I answered the wrong question....