SingerDad

Help with Singer 111w102

Need help removing the feed regulating spindle head on the balance wheel.  I was able to adjust the stitch length as the manual described however for the life of me I can’t remove the adjuster wheel.  When I turn the stitch length wheel it feels gritty.  I know that the threads are a weak spot on this machine.  I just want to check them out and clean them up.  I tried searching however I am not finding the answer.   Thanks for your help.  

3643218B-0735-4DE8-B119-23A6F595EE67.jpeg

Edited by SingerDad
Mispell

turn it away from you until you feel it will not screw out any further and then simply pull it out to the right. It may feel as if it will not come out - just pull... if not gummed. Its an approx 11.5cm long rod (~13.5cm total length) with a pointy tip.

When you put it back shove it in and rotate it until it stops and then push it further in (will have some resistance) and then turn it in further. Do not hammer it!

Edited by Northmount
changed 11.5m to 11.5cm

1 hour ago, Constabulary said:

turn it away from you until you feel it will not screw out any further and then simply pull it out to the right. It may feel as if it will not come out - just pull... if not gummed. Its an approx 11.5cm long rod (~13.5cm total length) with a pointy tip.

When you put it back shove it in and rotate it until it stops and then push it further in (will have some resistance) and then turn it in further. Do not hammer it!

Do I have to loosen the regulating screws first?   And thanks 

4AAA27D8-F06C-472B-B5E6-31AB517A81FF.jpeg

10 minutes ago, SingerDad said:

Do I have to loosen the regulating screws first?   And thanks 

No,like he said once it's unscrewed pull on it as you twist it & it'll come out.