steelhawk

Question on Holster with a Red Dot Sight

I had someone come over today with a 9mm semi-auto and a Red Dot sight. He wants several holsters. I've made lots of holsters , but never one with this sight.

These will be leather holsters.

Any info would be appreciated.

Edited by steelhawk

A picture would help a lot. Do you mean a trijicon type/holo sight, or a round red dot sight. I've done both, but would like to know. 

I have a Lawrence holster made for a big 44 Blackhawk. It was made like a normal holster but had a big rectangular slot cut out for the big rear sight that was not covered at all. 

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been under the weather,  but am on the way to recovery.  Thanks for the responses.

The gun is a Glock 45 with a Holosun sight. Since my first post I've done more research and even made a test holster from belly leather.

The customer liked it and I only need to make minor tweeks to the pattern.  He ordered several of them.

There doesn't seem to be much to do differently other than a large cutout  for the sight, and getting it in the right place.

That's basically what did for a Glock 19 with a Trijicon. Just allowed a bit more behind the sight and a bit cut down in the front.

On 2/4/2023 at 2:36 PM, 327fed said:

I have a Lawrence holster made for a big 44 Blackhawk. It was made like a normal holster but had a big rectangular slot cut out for the big rear sight that was not covered at all. 

+1