Sign in to follow this  
Farmfield

Looking for Claes RPX-2 hook/shuttle

So I'm in need for a new shuttle for a Claes RPX-2. (same as for Claes 200-2 and Claes 20)

I messaged both Claes in Germany and some local suppliers, but it seems these are very pricey, so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows if any of the Singer 29k subclasses has a compatible shuttle? That should likely be way cheaper... 

And I'm in Sweden, so any tips on where to get one should preferable be within EU to get away from import charges, etc... 

They are expensive indeed! 29K shuttles are not compatible with CLAES. CLAES pathcers are the most excellent patchers (high lift, long stitch length...) nothing better out there. But when it comes to spare parts I would always go with the later Singer 29K models like 29K71 / 72 / 73 cause their parts are still made and affordable. Made in China or Taiwan but still! But well depends on what one needs or expects from a patcher. The later 29K´s are technically more advanced than the earlier model and quite capable when properly set up. ;)

Edited by Constabulary

It wasn't the hook it was the needle, and I got it sorted after some trickery. I can't seem to edit the original post, though... 

And yeah, great patchers. I've sold two (including this one today) and both has been great, after some messing about, getting them to sew well again.

12 minutes ago, Farmfield said:

I can't seem to edit the original post

The edit window time is fairly short, maybe a couple hours.  After than, just add additional info in a new post.  If something really needs fixed, contact a moderator to help fix it.