Svey302

Adler 67 - GK373 still servicable?

Good day,

A friend who owns a shop making EMT bags is offering me an adler 67-gk373. The machine has been collecting dust for 4 to 5 years, he got it in a lot because he wanted the clickers. 

Would it be a smart thing to bring the machine home or the machine is just too old to be worth the trouble? I would be moving the machine myself as soon as my trailer is free from the snow, so no moving expenses.

Tx for your input,

Yves

If you have room for it, and it's not a rusted boat anchor, I can't think of any reason not to drag it home.  Trade fodder, if nothing else.  It seems to be a well thought of machine.

Hello,

Tx for your input. I have the room, I haven't picked up any sewing machine yet. Still manually stitching only.

I have the name of the service tech working on my friend's machine, I will call him tomorrow to see if he can work on that machine. I think it is better to move the machine to my place before have it serviced/timed, not sure what is the proper term.

Yves

7 hours ago, Svey302 said:

Good day,

A friend who owns a shop making EMT bags is offering me an adler 67-gk373. The machine has been collecting dust for 4 to 5 years, he got it in a lot because he wanted the clickers. 

Would it be a smart thing to bring the machine home or the machine is just too old to be worth the trouble? I would be moving the machine myself as soon as my trailer is free from the snow, so no moving expenses.

Tx for your input,

Yves

15 hours ago, Svey302 said:

Good day,

Tx for your input,

Yves

Alot of these had a cotton string timing belt in them,it is no longer available,the rubber replacement one will require you to buy new upper & lower timing belt pullies to switch it to the new style rubber belt.So you might want to check if the belt is rubber or the string,the cost to change it is approx $400.00

29 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Alot of these had a cotton string timing belt in them,it is no longer available,the rubber replacement one will require you to buy new upper & lower timing belt pullies to switch it to the new style rubber belt.So you might want to check if the belt is rubber or the string,the cost to change it is approx $400.00

Thank you CowboyBob, I will be going later today. Is it easy to locate once the machine is lifted?

17 minutes ago, Svey302 said:

Thank you CowboyBob, I will be going later today. Is it easy to locate once the machine is lifted?

Yes you can look underneath or open the cover on the top rightside.

1 hour ago, CowboyBob said:

Bob,

$400 for parts only or parts + labor?

12 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Yes you can look underneath or open the cover on the top rightside.

Thank you, I will take a look. I will probably pass if it is the cotton string.

I brought the machine home yesterday.

The belt is a rubber toothed one. Not cotton.

I have cleaned the metal base and table, dusted and oiled as best as I can understand the oiling schematic. The drawing of the under carriage are not the best. I have wound a bobbin with white V69 and threaded the top with black V69. I have ran a few hundred stitches of various length in some pig skin 4 ounces. I forgot to take pictures before leaving home this morning.

It came with 2 motors, the original one (clutched) and a small Vevor servo one, both in boxes. I have installed the Vevor one. I need to find some user manual on the motor, there is a digital readout but I don't know what it does.

I think I will have an experienced service technician come by to adjust and time the machine. And to learn what to oil correctly.

Tx to everybody who shared their experience and opinion.

Yves

Good day,

I have installed the servo motor in the picture but I am a bit confused with the set of instruction. There is 2 type of gesture or action possible. "Press" which I think I understand. Then "Flip" which I don't understand what I should do. I don't know if anybody else as a similar motor or experience with one, I would like to understand. 

At the moment, I can set the speed and use the machine but that is about it. 

Tx 

Yves

IMG-6009.jpg

Manual1_1676377433902.pdf

Edited by Svey302

I don't have one of these, but...

Is it a case of pressing it so the needle is in up or down position by default when you stop sewing. If you press the button again, it flips the default to the other?

Good morning,

I was trying to use a magnetic seam guide to align my sew line. The cover plate over the bobbin, keeps sliding right preventing the guide from doing its job. Something is obviously missing to lock the cover place, what I am looking for?

Looking at the drawing, I think it is part 893 06 820 7 ZYL. SCHR. M3X3. What could I find to replace that part? or is that part available somewhere?

Tx

Yves

Edited by Svey302