Escritar

Reliable 6000SM servo motor modification

Has anyone performed the "smooth speed control" modification, similar to the one performed on an Enduro Pro servo motor in the DIY video by SWFL Holsters, on a Reliable 6000SM servo motor?

I am contemplating purchasing the Reliable motor and would like to know if it is modifiable similar to the method used for the Enduro Pro servo motor.

Thank You,

Roger

I performed the gradient transparency trick on a digital servo motor in 2012. It worked fine for about a year, then began stuttering at slow speeds. I eventually replaced the motor with an analog servo and have had no problems in all these years.

4 hours ago, Escritar said:

Has anyone performed the "smooth speed control" modification, similar to the one performed on an Enduro Pro servo motor...[snip]

I am currently still using 4 brushless motors that came with an optical speed controller, and I did a slightly altered mod to them all several years ago. None have failed and all are still running perfectly. I found the gradient method a bit too inconsistant as it advanced to control the light source, and substituted a strip of completely opaque black plastic strip cut at a radius which uniformly rotated into the light beam as it moved. Most of the inexpensive brushless motors are using  hall effect sensors these days, but I think I still prefer the modified optical myself.

I don't have any idea if there even *are* any contemporary brushless servo suppliers still using the optical control shown in that video.

-DC

Servo_Motor_optical_mod.jpg

Here is the link to the video -

Thanks for that video, I just wanted to confirm that you were talking about the "gradient" mod. As Sark said I doubt if you would find any motors using the optical control method these days. Unless you have an older servo it won't work.

Escritar;  No mods are needed on the 6000, It will sew stitch by stitch right out of the box. I bought one last fall and installed it on a Consew 206, and with a needle positioner will stitch one at a time with just a tap of the peddle. With no positioner, it will stitch smoothly at around 60 rpm. I also have a reliable 4000, that I bought several years ago, and it also works flawless.