nstarleather

Anyone interested in Wholesale quantities of Solid Copper Buckles?

Hi Folks, I'm still in early talks but I'm working with a factory to try to get some buckles made in solid copper.  Currently they seem like something you can't find from the big suppliers at wholesale pricing. 

I'm working to get 1.5" wide but also possibly 1.25".  I'm trying to get both a roller and centerbar but the roller will have a 500pc minimum to do solid copper.

I'm thinking landed we will be somewhere between $8-$10 

These are the two styles I'm currently looking at.  The roller is two-tone at them moment but they can do soild copper if we get 500.

copper centerbar quote.JPG

two tone buckle.jpg

two tone buckle roller.jpg

22 minutes ago, Gulrok said:

I'm interested in solid copper roller in 1-1/2.

Cool hopefully I can get enough people on board or find a supplier who can do lower MOQ

Are they Made in america?

On 2/18/2023 at 12:34 PM, Simplejack1985 said:

Are they Made in america?

I wish!  I haven't found any USA suppliers that are selling them for less than I sell the entire belt for.  If I had higher-end items, I'd have a market for them but currently, it's a tough sell to do a $57 belt with a $40 or $50 buckle.

4 hours ago, nstarleather said:

with a $40 or $50 buckle.

Is it that fancy, or just that expensive?

9 hours ago, YinTx said:

Is it that fancy, or just that expensive?

No I'm just saying then when I google around for "Solid copper buckle made in USA", I didn't find much that fits into my pricing structure (basically one place that charges $49.95 and even reducing that by half would be a hard sell for me to use it as an add on).

Same reason it's hard for me to sell watchbands...I found a USA manufacturer (same one who makes for all the big companies Shinola, Tanner, Etc) but even using my leather, the price I'd have to charge for a band would have been substantially more than I charge for a belt.  It's hard to get people to pay $70 for a watchband when my belts start at $57.  It's just the psychology of it...

EDIT:  Also if anyone knows somebody who's making and wholesaling solid copper buckles here in the USA, let me know.

Edited by nstarleather

Hello there!

We're interested in this venture with you. We're just starting our business and are in search of wholesale buckles. We love the copper, and would definitely love to be part of making this happen!

2 hours ago, CrowsNest said:

Hello there!

We're interested in this venture with you. We're just starting our business and are in search of wholesale buckles. We love the copper, and would definitely love to be part of making this happen!

Awesome!  I'm getting samples and we'll go from there!

So I got back a sample I'm happy with... no roller one yet but here's the centerbar vs the antique copper plated one I got from Weaver.  I'm really impressed with the solid copper.  Weaver is 1.4oz and the solid one is 4.1oz!

162450055_CopperplatevsSolidcopper.jpg.e01a4d8d660e42c502e1b51cd85a9f2f.jpg

Anyone who expressed interest PM me and we can discuss pricing and quantity.

The centerbar are on order 200pcs coming in.  I've also discussed roller type but they will be slightly more expensive and I have to order 500.  Anyone seriously interested.  I can discuss the estimated price via PM (because I plan to sell these retail I won't post it here).

I'm in Australia, so to far away to help. But I wish you luck. They really do look nice and copper buckles are not something you see many of here, supply wise.

On 3/29/2023 at 6:10 AM, JamesScott said:

I'm in Australia, so to far away to help. But I wish you luck. They really do look nice and copper buckles are not something you see many of here, supply wise.

Thanks!  I hope I can make them work!

Working on these guys in the near future.  Anyone interested?  PM me!

Copper Roller.jpg