Tim Schroeder

441 Accessories

Pastor bought just bought a Cobra Class 4 (with premium pkg.) and doesn't want to spend another dime. Don't blame him a bit.  If he had spent that $450 at @Patrick1's website, he would be 10x 100x 1000x better off. You decide. Guys over on Cobra Tips and Tricks say these aftermarket accessories are a waste of time. Just imagine the difference it would make in what your machine would do spending that $350 at @Patrick1's website instead of The Premium Package. Then you could buy any of the different tabletop attachments, even a Cobra table attach.  and you would actually have ONE BADASS MACHINE. Then buy what you need as you need it. Of course, they are just a waste of time according to Cobra Tips and Tricks.  He also tells you to thread the machine in a way that creates more tension on both tension disc. If you own a Cobra and thread their way you ought to try it Cowboy's way. Cobra is the ONLY seller of these machines who thread it this way. Wouldn't believe ANYTHING they say. Those clowns owe EVERYBODY who ever bought a Class 4 Premium Pkg an apology. I bought one, still have it. The only thing I use is the tabletop. Maybe joining Cobra Tips and Tricks is a waste of time. Certainly, Hope Pastor Bob didn't base his decision to spend the EXTRA $450 on the Premium Pkg. based on Cobra Tips and Tricks on fakebook.  

#25 Flat Plate and feed dog                                               $140

#25 Round Plate                                                                   $75

Narrow Foot Set or 111 size set.                                      $120

He doesn't currently offer a 111 size set although I'm doing everything I can to get him to. 

1 hour ago, Tim Schroeder said:

Pastor bought just bought a Cobra Class 4 (with premium pkg.) and doesn't want to spend another dime. Don't blame him a bit.  If he had spent that $450 at @Patrick1's website, he would be 10x 100x 1000x better off. You decide. Guys over on Cobra Tips and Tricks say these aftermarket accessories are a waste of time. Just imagine the difference it would make in what your machine would do spending that $350 at @Patrick1's website instead of The Premium Package. Then you could buy any of the different tabletop attachments, even a Cobra table attach.  and you would actually have ONE BADASS MACHINE. Then buy what you need as you need it. Of course, they are just a waste of time according to Cobra Tips and Tricks.  He also tells you to thread the machine in a way that creates more tension on both tension disc. If you own a Cobra and thread their way you ought to try it Cowboy's way. Cobra is the ONLY seller of these machines who thread it this way. Wouldn't believe ANYTHING they say. Those clowns owe EVERYBODY who ever bought a Class 4 Premium Pkg an apology. I bought one, still have it. The only thing I use is the tabletop. Maybe joining Cobra Tips and Tricks is a waste of time. Certainly, Hope Pastor Bob didn't base his decision to spend the EXTRA $450 on the Premium Pkg. based on Cobra Tips and Tricks on fakebook.  

#25 Flat Plate and feed dog                                               $140

#25 Round Plate                                                                   $75

Narrow Foot Set or 111 size set.                                      $120

He doesn't currently offer a 111 size set although I'm doing everything I can to get him to. 

Thanks @Tim Schroeder.  I wish I had known about @Patrick1 mods. I definitely would have done it.  I don't peruse FB so I didn't see any of the things you mentioned.  Just didn't know any better.  I will make due for a while.  As more orders come in, and I can afford to spend a little, I will circle back and visit Patrick's site to get the items to help me be better and more efficient.

That's the reason for the post. People are buying these machines all the time and don't know about @Patrick1. It's the people like us that need one machine to do a lot. (Evrerything) Just the #25 needle plate and feed dog totally change the capability of these machines. I'm sewing 135 thru 2 layers of 3/4 oz. chrome tan. Put that blanket foot set on and see what happens.  At least the presser foot won't be pushing what you are sewing down in the throat plate. 

16 hours ago, PastorBob said:

Thanks @Tim Schroeder.  I wish I had known about @Patrick1 mods. I definitely would have done it.  I don't peruse FB so I didn't see any of the things you mentioned.  Just didn't know any better.  I will make due for a while.  As more orders come in, and I can afford to spend a little, I will circle back and visit Patrick's site to get the items to help me be better and more efficient.

I think you made a smart buy @PastorBob. You didn't have to buy after spending the extra 335.00 as already stated above, but you then would spend

104.50 on the work platform

size 24 needles for 20.90

size 23 needles for 20.90

148.50 for the stirrup plate

148.50 for the holster plate

137.50 for the blanket feet(from LMC)

Heavy Duty Roller Edge Guide $104.50*

A extra 685.30 on top of the 335.00.  Be happy and proud of the smart buy and enjoy it. You'll get used to it and learn all the tricks and from the help of the video's (from that guy

over there) to help along the way. Happy stitching

About 12 years ago a friend of mine bought a Class 4 machine with the accessories package for his leather business. He put me to work sewing on it most of the time. I taught him to use it correctly and moved along to my own shop (which is now closed) in 2012. One of his issues was the wide throat plate cutout was catching the narrow tips of rifle slings and guitar straps as we made the turn at the tip (~7/8 inch wide strap). The leather was getting caught and pushed down, causing some bad stitching at the ends. He knew a guy with a metal working shop and commissioned him to make a set of a narrower 1/4 inch wide throat plate and narrowed down the feed dog to just fit in it. It solved the problem and it is his standard everyday set to this very day.

My buddy wasn't sewing with thin thread or needles. He used #138 thread on top and bottom.

Fast forward to 2023 and we have two members of Leatherworker.net who are custom building narrow feed dog and throat plate sets that most 441 type machine owners can afford. They bolt on and can be installed or  removed in a couple of minutes.

Pastor Bob is a big boy. He doesn't need a huuuug or lil therapy dawg. He could sure use a narrow needle plate and feed dog though. Obviously from his post in another thread.   Now he might have to hand sew a few projects to get himself a narrow needle plate and feed dog while he's looking at his big, beautiful Cobra Class 4 that sews ABSOLUTLEY beautiful like I've said I don't know how many times.  I can't comment on how the Cowboy machine sews and never have because I have never sewed on one. I loved my Cobra Class 4. Of course,  @PastorBob could go thru the process of dumbing down the machine like @Wizcrafts used to do BEFORE the narrow needle plates. Slotted plate with no feed dog sounds like a winner to me. I tried it when I had my Cobra Class 4 and I prefer the waste of time narrow needle plate. That's just my opinion. Remember my opinion is just like your rectum.  I'm by no means am a sewing machine expert. Although now I could take THIS machine apart and put it back together and make it sew like the Cobra Class 4, I had. 

I know that if you are buying one of these machines to sew saddles or horse blankets or thick nylon webbing or thick harness material or anything that could NEVER get pushed down into the feed dog slot like @TomE posted a picture of in another thread, (and his work is Beautiful on his Cobra Class 4 with the waste of time narrow presser foot set from @Patrick1) then you probably won't, no you WON'T need ANYTHING from @RockyAussie or @Patrick1. By all means purchase the Premium Package because it's a great deal. How often do you get to spend $460 and get over $1100 worth of stuff. $460 dollars for over $1100 worth of accessories is a GREAT deal and a smart buy in anybody's book. @Burkhardt says it is. Of course, his opinion is just like his/our rectum. It really just depends on what you are doing with the machine. If your just sewing 277 and down maybe the narrow needle plate and feed dog might help. There's only one way to find out. Well, there is actually a lot of opinions on the internet, you just have to listen to them all and decide for yourself. 

But I know there are just as many people like Pastor Bob and myself and a lot of others on this forum who would like to use these machines for lighter work. Wallets belts bags. Maybe a narrow plate could help you out.  No let me rephrase that. A narrow needle plate and feed dog will TOTALLY TRANSFORM your machine. Remember MY OPINION is like all ya'lls rectums. You have to do your own homework.

I am not bashing Cobra machines or the Premium Package or The Leather Machine Co. I was trying to help the people who use these machines for lighter work. Just went about it the wrong way. Made a few mistakes, did some things I shouldn't have done. Sorry about that Cobra and Cowboy. I have said in almost every post how good the Cobra Class 4 machine I had would sew.  I didn't quit working on my inferior Sewing Machine GA-441 until I had it SEWING LIKE A COBRA. Kinda looks like a Cowboy though.

My advice is to DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE BUYING ANY MACHINE.

Just one more thing. I know you can contact a moderator and ask them to delete a post.  If any of you fine people EVER think I'm spreading misinformation on this forum, then you just let me know and I will contact @Northmount or one of the other moderators and have them delete the post. We, excuse me, I do not ever want to spread misinformation over here. 

IMG_3565.JPG

I want to let you guys know that I got a new category added to our Marketplace, for "Sewing Machine Accessories" for sale, or that you might want to buy. Hopefully, our members will start posting items they have or make that will be of use to owners of various types of leather sewing machines.

@Tim Schroeder we get it you have an axe to grind but for peats sake give it a rest.  If you don't like what the Facebook group has to say leave it but you are wasting bandwidth with your constant bashing of virtually everything except @Patrick1 and @RockyAussie. I have looked at the offerings and yes the narrow plates and feed dogs are going to be a great addition to the 441 cloan world but let it happen and quit harping on what others have to say that you don't agree with. I for one bought the premium package from @CowboyBob with my CB4500 and am perfectly happy with it.

On 2/17/2023 at 6:14 AM, PastorBob said:

Thanks @Tim Schroeder.  I wish I had known about @Patrick1 mods. I definitely would have done it. 

This thread is to inform people of their options.

@Hildebrand if you don't like what I have to say don't read it. You have the same block option as everybody else. Learn to use it. 

I too purchased my CB4500 from cowboy Bob about 8 years ago, I could not afford all the bells and whistles nor did they exist.  Most folks just stepping into the sewing arena don’t have a clue as to what they are going to need. So they (like myself) will get the workhorse not knowing it’s limitations, nor is the seller going to mention it’s limits because they usually think that the buyer knows what they want and need. 

I usually sewn items by hand and patches I would sew on using a 90 year old Singer sewing machine. When the Cowboy came I had no idea there were other attachments that I could have been slowly adding to my 4500. Then I tripped over Aussie and his thin plate, then I tripped over Uwe Gross and he had a flat working table that I could use. Then there was Patrick and he was a God send. My Daughter found a stir up plate on eBay by someone that had a machine it didn’t work on and my daughter snatched it up! I also purchased an inline walking foot but too much adjusting was needed and I change things around way to often to have to worry about making added adjustments. So I returned it and found a better fit for my machine

You can’t fault one guy that has found things cheaper, it’s like a couple of ya has turned in to Joe Biden and it’s your way or Ukraine is the only customer that has your attention! When my customers want to spend less money on a belt I’ll send them to Walmart. They (well most) know that a cheap imitation only last just so long, like 6 weeks or less. If they are looking for patches or name tags I’ll send them to Amazon. But I’m not gonna cry over them going else where, I will tell them what to expect with a cheaper item and what to look for when it starts. 
most go out and seek cheaper items but if you are purposely “knocking them out of the park” it’s on you! Money will make folks do strange things, but to hide the fact that you’re doing a sale for what ever you can get is wrong 

Edited by Doc Reaper
Spelling

I got all available accessories at the same time as my Cowboy CB4500, from @CowboyBob Bob Kovar, back in 2011. I added the inline feet twice when they became available. I bought specialty feet from @Cobra Steve. Then I got the narrow throat plate/feed dog sets from @RockyAussie and @Patrick1. As new accessories are offered for my machine I will probably buy them.